share rss forum feed

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero

join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN
Reviews:
·Mediacom

Unable to view site with Mediacom

It seems I'm having issues with Mediacom and a certain website I'm trying to access.

I can't seem to get this site to work. However, according to this site, it's operational. Also if I access through a VPN, the site works flawlessly. I've restarted the modem, router, and even the computer and still the same issue. All devices connected to Mediacom suffer the same issue. What's going on here??

SteveJobs

join:2012-07-18

The site could have your IP blacklisted. It happens a lot.

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero

Walkerton, IN

I would say it's possible, but since I'm one of the site's developers, that's not the case this time.

SteveJobs

join:2012-07-18

Your host could of blocked the IP.

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
kudos:1
reply to RyanThaDude

i can load it fine. i dont know what your using on the backend, but you could have accidentally blacklisted your own ip, or the range mediacom has you on.

i know when i was doing dev on a site i wanted to block every one but me, i accidently flipped the order allow deny htaccess rule (oops! )

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero

Walkerton, IN
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to RyanThaDude

It just started working again out of the blue. The only thing I could think of is that there was a possible routing issue. Traceroute does appear to be taking a different route. Odd. I really didn't think it was a Mediacom issue but was looking on Mediacom to see if it was working for them, which thedragonmas See Profile said it worked.

Anyways, appreciate the help!

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to RyanThaDude

that's wild!

Bierboy

join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL
reply to RyanThaDude

Looks like a load of BS to me....the original site AND the second one you linked.