spc
uniqs

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac

Re: Path of Exile

Playing standard from now on. Sick of HC/Onslaught.

My Ice Shot ranger is almost 60 and at 1k dps with Ice Shot - LMP- Weapon ele - Fast attacks - mana leech.

I'm using Bear trap and single Ice shot with weapon ele for bosses. Decoy totem for dungeons. And I am still trying to find a spot for elemental weakness and frostbite depending if I need control vs dmg.

I want to add some DSLR peeps that are playing softcore.
Let me know if you are still active I really want to get into maps at some point. If you have frame issues with Ice Shot I have a LA shadow I want to level as well and a 20ish maurader I want to be EK.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo

Premium Member

said by f0rtys3ven:

Playing standard from now on. Sick of HC/Onslaught.

My Ice Shot ranger is almost 60 and at 1k dps with Ice Shot - LMP- Weapon ele - Fast attacks - mana leech.

I'm using Bear trap and single Ice shot with weapon ele for bosses. Decoy totem for dungeons. And I am still trying to find a spot for elemental weakness and frostbite depending if I need control vs dmg.

I want to add some DSLR peeps that are playing softcore.
Let me know if you are still active I really want to get into maps at some point. If you have frame issues with Ice Shot I have a LA shadow I want to level as well and a 20ish maurader I want to be EK.

My 66 Duelist is on softcore. I need a little more survivability though for maps. I've ran a couple Level 66 maps (transformed to RAREs) and I was getting beasted for the most part by unique/rare monsters.

I'm still playing the blender build with about 5k DPS and ~8.55 attack speed (dual-wield swords).

Character's name is Shushi_Roll

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
All my characters were created on Anarchy, but when it ends later this year, they all get transfered to Standard, so if you'd like to add me for some future gameplay or just chatting, feel free.

Ranger = MasterNoiche
Maruader = Beatenwound

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to pr1mo

to pr1mo
I am 61 now.

Farming felshire.

I am missing a life helm and life gloves. I am also actively looking for a better bow / quiver combo. I basically need more defensive stats on gear. My resits fall in the 50's and I still have resistance passives so thats my biggest priority. Helm and gloves w/ life and good resists. I also need a evasion chest with life and good resists w/ a 5 link.

Pr1mo what kind of gear are you looking for?

I can save some things if you have a good particular list.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

f0rtys3ven, your opinion please..

My Ranger is 44 now and heavy into bow damage passives. I rarely have any trouble dispatching monsters with all the damage I deal (using lvl 32 unique death bow with almost 800dps), but my problem comes with teleport monsters and bosses with heavy range elemental damage. I'm in act 2 Cruel, and decided to farm a little for a bit before pushing on so I can try and get better resist gear. Have any pointers as to what may be the biggest pain for Act 3 and Merciless?

Also, I use Burning Arrow as my main attack, and my bow makes me shoot 1 extra arrow, so I shoot 2 at a time. My secondary is Split Arrow (up to 7 arrows I think now) with Life Gain on Hit support gem for huge life regen on swarms of monsters. Is Ice Shot far better than Burning Arrow or does it really just come down to playstyle/prefernce?

This is my highest level, and I'm only about 2 weeks old ingame now, so other than my weapon, my gear is extremely lacking. I pretty much using the raw power of my passives to muscle my way through right now, but that is quickly coming to an end. Any pointers other than get resistance? (I know resists from my 10+ years of D2 time)

Thanks

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
When I get back from work today I'll go over my character sheet to see what exactly I could benefit from right now. Thanks boss. Let me know what colors you need on a 5L.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Noiche

to Noiche
Life is the biggest 'my defenses are bad' buffer. Another thing you can do for areas of extreme concern resistance wise is use double resist rings. I think in Cruel I still took the life hit and ran double fire resists to survive LMP dogs.

Scary List
Vaal Smash - 1 Shot
Piety Ice Shot - 2 Shot
Perpetus - Dat bear trap - Dont go top line in City of Sarn
Kole - Lunaris 3 - Unique. You don't have to fight him. Hes brutus on steroids.

THE DISCHARGERS. There is a mob in warehouses that casts flicker strike along with discharge. These are really scary. Sewers have chaos alchemists that are mean. The lightning thorns and arc in battlegrounds is pretty sketchy you will want lightning resists. LMP fireball is really hard hitting carful of that. Again LMP dogs with faster movement can and will chase you down to kill you. Port out and get a new instance.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven to pr1mo

to pr1mo
Im easy peesy.

G-G-G-G-G-R
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven to Noiche

to Noiche
Do you run bear trap?

I am running bear trap x2. Eventually it will be bear trap x2 w/ added fire and culling.

Also do you have a bro totem? Its what helps against the teles or ranged bosses. It can be skele + spell totem, ranged attack totem + ice shot, decoy totem, rejuv totem. Basically something else to grab attention in O shit moments. I use decoy totem because its a single gem and its easy to use. Deploy run the other way turn shoot at decoy totem. Recast when it dies. If flickers are killing you turret don't stand too close or they will flicker to you.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
Appreciate the death list you gave me there. The flicker strikers are what I've had the most trouble with, especially in act 1 ship graveyard (I think?). Then act 1 boss took me awhile. Didn't kill me, but I was using hit-n-run tactics the whole fight. I will probably look at grinding out to 48-50 before really pushing the quests in act 2 then. I think the extra levels plus possibility of the gear I can find or trade for will do me best. I'm in no rush and enjoy the game thoroughly. Besides, I've got my tank maruader to have some facesmash fun with if I get tired of my Ranger.

I have resist rings on, but 2 different elements. I believe 1 is light and other cold, can't remember and I'm at work right now. I won't even think of finishing off act 2 without at least 50% light resist in cruel. That stupid woman 1 shot me in normal, so I know how hard she can be and I can only imagine how much harder she is in cruel and especially merciless.

Thanks for the tips.
Noiche

Noiche to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
I haven't been running anything but arrow gems with a few supports. I believe I have a rejuv totem in stash, but haven't gotten a decoy yet. Maybe I can trade for one tonight if I don't have/find one.

I don't even know what bear trap is honestly, but pretty sure I have 1 and will check.

Thanks for the tips.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Bear trap is exactly what it sounds like.

You throw it on the ground and it holds the mob in place for 1 sec ish. Culling kills at 15% or something like that. It hits for huge physical damage and scales redic well with levels. Its really nice instead of run and gun. Just throw the trap if it lands throw the rest right on top.
The support totem is preference it takes a few levels to get ok totem life. Its just nice to give them a distraction.

Piety in act 2 cruel is all scary lightning. In Act 3 she will kill you with Ice spears / fire physical hits. Bear trap is really nice here cause you can trap the fire version of her pretty easy and she only has melee attacks in that form.