spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SteelerRaw

@level3.net

It's a lofty goal

And I'm sure that the usual suspects will try to poo-poo SoftBank's commitment , but I certainly would think twice before betting against Masayoshi Son. The next couple of years should be quite interesting in the American wireless market.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
I don't poo-poo their commitment, it's just it's still Sprint, we've been sold stories of their vastly improving network for years which we haven't seen. I hope this investment by SoftBank brings a revitalized Sprint and a strong 3rd wireless competitor, but I need to see the proof in form of deployments before I'm going take Sprint's word again.

SteelerRaw

@level3.net
However, it's not still Sprint. It's Sprint and SoftBank. A lot of Sprint's past problems have had to do with lack of capital. Let's see what they can do with a sizable cash infusion.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to SteelerRaw
I'm trying to remain optimistic, but as a current Softbank customer, I'll keep my optimism in check. I hope Softbank proves me wrong by the time I head back to the states in a year or two.

kosimov

@comcast.net
reply to SteelerRaw
said by SteelerRaw :

And I'm sure that the usual suspects will try to poo-poo SoftBank's commitment , but I certainly would think twice before betting against Masayoshi Son. The next couple of years should be quite interesting in the American wireless market.

I agree. I have worked with Softbank before. Top notch people who do what they say they will, but they demand results. Let's hope they get them. Sprint SHOULD be a better network than it is.

Larry the Tcom engineer