Search similar:

uniqs
« History
page: 1 · 2 · next

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

Once again...

Remind me why this type of activity was bad under Bush but OK under Obama?
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

1 recommendation

me1212

Quite frankly because bush had an R on his ballot and obama had a D. The media in this country will defend whichever party they side with to the end. Personally I loath both sides.

battleop

battleop

Which ever party generates the best headlines that lead to more viewers.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
said by battleop:

Because it was started under Bush, and continued under Obama. Apparently that's a big difference (or so says my ultra liberal friends).
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

1 recommendation

me1212

said by Robert:

said by battleop:

Because it was started under Bush, and continued under Obama. Apparently that's a big difference (or so says my ultra liberal friends).

Isn't continuing it worse though? I mean its one thing to start it as bad as that was, but obama could have done something about it and he didn't. Much as I hate the bush admin for starting it, if the obama admin wont stop it they are just as guilty in my book maybe even more so.
me1212

me1212 to battleop

to battleop
Yep, our media is so broken.

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75 to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
said by me1212:

said by Robert:

said by battleop:

Isn't continuing it worse though? I mean its one thing to start it as bad as that was, but obama could have done something about it and he didn't. Much as I hate the bush admin for starting it, if the obama admin wont stop it they are just as guilty in my book maybe even more so.

Especially after an entire campaign of saying he was going to change the way Washington does business.
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL
join:2008-07-08

easonin to me1212

to me1212
said by me1212:

said by Robert:

said by battleop:

Agreed. Just as guilty, and just as bad. They all make promises just to get elected, or reelected, then break them. And most just wait to elect the "better" guy next time 'round. When will voters understand that they're all the same? When???

meeeeeeeeee
join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

meeeeeeeeee to NOCTech75

to NOCTech75
said by NOCTech75:

Especially after an entire campaign of saying he was going to change the way Washington does business.

Well, He kept his promise. There isn't ONE OUNCE of honesty, ethics, morality, concern for the Constitution or concern for the People of the United States in this government. It is 100%, completely self serving.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven to battleop

to battleop
said by battleop:

It's not all the President's fault. It's mostly Congress. If you see what Obama tried to do just after he got elected the first term.. you'll see that he's just a puppet, and the House and Senate are actually in control. There's a reason Obama has almost a head of grey hair now.

I've never seen the House and Senate throw such a temper tantrum over what the President wanted done.. unless it was to benefit them or their shareholders.

..of course, once you get that much power, you don't want to give it up easily.
Rekrul
join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

Rekrul to battleop

to battleop
said by battleop:

Because Saint Obama is black!!! You can't criticize the first black president!!! What are you racist?!! We must overlook any and all flaws and worship him as a god!!!

Squire James
@embarqhsd.net

Squire James to battleop

Anon

to battleop
I'm pretty sure it was quietly known since the program's inception, and was likely the subject of many intelligence briefings under both Bush and Obama (and both during the transition).

In today's "party is everything" climate in government, there is potential for a lot more than the IRS becoming abusive here! Anyone who thinks it's okay for Democrats to do this sort of thing should be considering that Republicans can be doing the same in the future, and vice versa.

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx to me1212

to me1212
said by me1212:

Personally I loath both sides.

Same here. While I have always been a registered independent, I tend to follow the Libertarian doctrine since I believe I am not smart enough to tell other people how to live their lives.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium Member
join:2000-05-14
Hedgesville, WV

DataDoc to SimbaSeven

Premium Member

to SimbaSeven
The Dems controlled BOTH houses of Congress "just after he got elected the first term."

Welcome to Chicago Politics.
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL

easonin to meeeeeeeeee

to meeeeeeeeee
So, knowing this now, what can we do? What do we do about it?

»freestateproject.org/

"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

There is safety, and liberty, in numbers. Only if you want it, and are willing to work for it.

meeeeeeeeee
Newburgh, NY

meeeeeeeeee

said by easonin:

So, knowing this now, what can we do? What do we do about it?

I've known about it for over 30 years. It's only now that it is too late, that some others are beginning to wake up.

For some reason, I have a sneaking suspicion that IF this freestateproject ever gets off the ground, the government will find it necessary to "protect the children" and turn every man, woman, and child there into crispy critters...aka "business as usual".

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by meeeeeeeeee:

I've known about it for over 30 years. It's only now that it is too late, that some others are beginning to wake up.

+1

Yup you can't un-ring a bell, unbreak an egg or get a gummint to willingly give up their power once they have it.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

1 recommendation

N3OGH to n2jtx

Premium Member

to n2jtx
Another vote for "they both suck".

I'm registered with a party, since in PA you can't vote in the primary unless you're registered with one of the 2 major parties, otherwise I would have registered "I" a long time ago.

I believe we're witnessing a fundamental breakdown of the system as a whole. In the end, the voter, from whom all power is supposed to be derived from has no advocate. Including the media.

The only vote that matters anymore is the dollar. It's all about money, everything else be damned....

battleop

battleop to me1212

to me1212
Controversy = Viewers = Ratings = Advertising = $$$$$
battleop

1 recommendation

battleop to Rekrul

to Rekrul
"What are you racist?!!"

"I can't be. I hate everyone equally."

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx to N3OGH

to N3OGH
said by N3OGH:

Another vote for "they both suck".

I'm registered with a party, since in PA you can't vote in the primary unless you're registered with one of the 2 major parties, otherwise I would have registered "I" a long time ago.

I cannot vote in primaries in New York. You must be a party to vote in the primary. My late father was a Republican and they rarely held primaries and the smoke filled room decided who would run. My mother is a Democrat and does vote in primaries but there really is never a choice.

meeeeeeeeee
Newburgh, NY

meeeeeeeeee to battleop

to battleop
It's sad that so many still believe in the R or the D meaning something. It's a Party folks, a big one, and YOU'RE NOT INVITED. YOU just get to pay for it!!!!!

So.... how about that Tooth Fairy...

Rambo76098
join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH

Rambo76098 to me1212

to me1212
It's definitely worse to me... Barry said all kinds of stuff about how these things were wrong or whatever, and now is not only doing everything the Bush Admin was doing, but is doing more as well.

He turned out just like every other politician: full of hot air as a candidate, with very few actual results as a pol.
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL

easonin to StuartMW

to StuartMW
I believe that's somewhat true, however, the gov't is made of people, whose minds could be changed.

jazzlady
join:2005-08-04
Tannersville, PA

jazzlady to n2jtx

to n2jtx
said by n2jtx:

said by me1212:

Personally I loath both sides.

...I am not smart enough to tell other people how to live their lives....

"...I am smart enough to not tell people how to live their lives..."

There, I fixed for you.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH to meeeeeeeeee

Premium Member

to meeeeeeeeee
said by meeeeeeeeee:

It's sad that so many still believe in the R or the D meaning something. It's a Party folks, a big one, and YOU'RE NOT INVITED. YOU just get to pay for it!!!!!

So.... how about that Tooth Fairy...

Ain't that the FREAKIN' truth....

S_engineer
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL

S_engineer to DataDoc

Premium Member

to DataDoc
said by DataDoc:

The Dems controlled BOTH houses of Congress "just after he got elected the first term."

Welcome to Chicago Politics.

You know nothing about Chicago politics!!!
biochemistry
Premium Member
join:2003-05-09

biochemistry to Rekrul

Premium Member

to Rekrul
I thought Bill Clinton was the first Black president.

meeeeeeeeee
Newburgh, NY

1 edit

meeeeeeeeee

said by biochemistry:

I thought Bill Clinton was the first Black president.

No... He was the first President that forgot to breath... never inhaled. He was also the nod, nod, wink, wink, *smile* "I know that YOU know that I'm just a lieing sack of... So it's OK" President.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

1 recommendation

KrK to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
Only Republicans who defended Bush always insist that that's what happened.

It wasn't OK then and it's not OK now, but many here who defended it till they were Red in the face when Bush was the President now condemn Obama for it.

Condemn them both and stop playing partisan politics with the future of the nation.
« History
page: 1 · 2 · next