spc
uniqs

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

So this has nothing to do with that "Moto/ARRIS XG1 box, which they are calling the "DCX Video Gateway"" ?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Mike Wolf:

So this has nothing to do with that "Moto/ARRIS XG1 box, which they are calling the "DCX Video Gateway"" ?

Yes, the MG2402 (aka "XG5") box is "headless," unlike the "DCX Video Gateway" (aka DCX3600M and "XG1").

See: »www.cedmagazine.com/prod ··· -gateway
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

1 recommendation

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by telcodad:

said by Mike Wolf:

Yes, the MG2402 (aka "XG5") box is "headless," unlike the "DCX Video Gateway" (aka DCX3600M and "XG1").

See: »www.cedmagazine.com/prod ··· -gateway

FYI all of the current info about the boxes is in the FAQ about the X1 platform.
»Comcast Cable TV FAQ »All about X1

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by SpHeRe31459:

FYI all of the current info about the boxes is in the FAQ about the X1 platform.
»Comcast Cable TV FAQ »All about X1

And thanks again for providing/editing all that info!

CaptainVidJW
join:2003-08-30
Houston, TX

CaptainVidJW

Re: [X1] AnyRoom

So, I've been on a quest to get the "Watch in AnyRoom"
functionality like they promised.

I've had multiple tickets open that they keep arbitrarily closing.
I called in today to 'tier 2'. Got a support person named Diana that was somewhat knowledgable and seemed to know what I was talking about. But she needed to check my rate codes and make sure it's avaliable in my locale. She comes back ands hands me off to Gloria in Sales who's clueless. She wants to switch me back to old Cisco AnyRoom equipment.

I said NO, I want to be able to watch recordings in AnyRoom on my X1 STB's.

She consults with support again and says I'll need a truck roll next Monday so they can come out and get the networking setup between boxes. I assume she meant MOCA.

She says they can't just flip a switch and turn on AnyRoom.

But isn't that how it worked for JeepMatt???

Can any of you insiders comment on a way out of this maze?!?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Captain-
Sorry to hear you're going through the same hell.

Not until I had a Senior Tech in National Repair look at my account after 4 weeks did it finally get fixed. In the end, it was all about the rate codes. You don't need new X1 boxes (if you have them already)- no matter what someone tells you. It was more of a few clicks and keyboard taps then a switch flip.

However - do you know if they installed a MOCA filter in your home during your install? You will need this for Anyroom. Luckily I had one put on the line during my X1 box install back earlier this year.

If you don't have one of those, you will need to get one put on your line, as it keeps all of your "data" within your home.

CaptainVidJW
join:2003-08-30
Houston, TX

CaptainVidJW

Re: [X1] AnyRoom, IT'S WORKING!

So my call yesterday to sales or billing must have gotten the right codes on my account.

I woke up early and thought what the heck, I'll take another shot at this. Called the X1 Support line, (877) 896-8678, got Pauline. She seemed to know what I was talking about.

Took a little while but she sent out a refresh signal to my boxes. I went from box to box unplugging and rebooting. It was about 45 minutes on the phone doing that for my 4 boxes. 2 DVRs, and 2 Non-DVRs.

Don't let them tell you that you can only have one DVR. Not true. On each DVR the recordings from each show up summed together.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: [X1] AnyRoom

I wonder two things. If a customer owned MoCA filter is put in place prior to AnyRoom or X1 being installed, would the tech remove it and put in a "Comcast issued" one in the exact same place? I also wonder if having a MoCA enabled set top box or set top boxes from Comcast would mess around with a MoCA network already in place by the customer, and if merging them together is possible.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

2 RNG 150 boxes received a new June 22nd build overnight.

rwycoff
join:2006-07-15
Bellaire, TX

rwycoff to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

Captain-
Sorry to hear you're going through the same hell.

Not until I had a Senior Tech in National Repair look at my account after 4 weeks did it finally get fixed. In the end, it was all about the rate codes. You don't need new X1 boxes (if you have them already)- no matter what someone tells you. It was more of a few clicks and keyboard taps then a switch flip.

However - do you know if they installed a MOCA filter in your home during your install? You will need this for Anyroom. Luckily I had one put on the line during my X1 box install back earlier this year.

If you don't have one of those, you will need to get one put on your line, as it keeps all of your "data" within your home.

When I had AnyRoom turned on here in Houston, I did not have the filter. "Matt" called me back after a few days to see if everything was working. I asked him if I needed the filter and he said if everything was working as expected, there was no need to schedule a truck roll.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

wow that was the wrong thing to say. Of course the filter is needed, if anything, to keep your MoCA from screwing up the neighbors, lol
You know, a filter purchased by the customer can be used and prevent a truck from having to be rolled out, which I would think having to schedule it would be a hassle for a busy person, so the customer owned filter would be the best option.

rwycoff
join:2006-07-15
Bellaire, TX

rwycoff

said by Mike Wolf:

wow that was the wrong thing to say. Of course the filter is needed, if anything, to keep your MoCA from screwing up the neighbors, lol
You know, a filter purchased by the customer can be used and prevent a truck from having to be rolled out, which I would think having to schedule it would be a hassle for a busy person, so the customer owned filter would be the best option.

I don't consider myself competent to replace that filter. The first installer that came out to put in my X1 boxes didn't know how to get them up and running. It took his "supervisor" to do it right.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

ah I see. I'm surprised that so many techs are having problems with this setup when it really is brain dead simple. Where they third party contractors or first party ComTechs? It's a mixed bag with both. I apologize for the unnecessary trouble you've had to go through during this time. I know how aggravating it can be.