My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to JoelC707

MVM

to JoelC707

Re: Dealing with Office 365's issues...

We have had a relatively flawless migration to Office 365. We keep track of all our downtime with Office 365 and we have recorded 6 downtime incidents and a total of 7 hours over the course of 10 months. This is a manual record that the IT team here keeps just to make sure that everything is working properly. Compared with the uptime of our old Exchange server, which was about the same over the last couple years, I would say we are much better off.

So much of Office 365 depends on your current infrastructure. Such as your connection to the internet, latency, dirsync, and so on. I really don't know how to fix the challenges you are facing. Sounds like you may want to get a consultant in there to look at all these factors and work with microsoft on a solution.

The simple fact of the matter is if you have a great infrastructure, your experience with Office 365 is going to have a greater chance of success.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Ideally I wanted to move to this platform to gain higher reliability, mainly so people can maintain email access even if the rest of the system is down for some reason. Not to mention, this is cheaper than what we were paying MX Logic for spam filtering so it was a cost savings move as well.

Local infrastructure in regards to Internet is a 22/5 business class Comcast circuit and has been very stable, fast and reliable. We have noticed that things don't disappear from the outbox quickly like they used to but I attribute that to the fact that sent items now have to traverse the internet instead of just hitting the LAN and going out from the mail server.

We're not doing SSO yet, could that be part of it? Is that what you meant by dirsync or are you talking local AD?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

Yes, Dirsync as in sending local AD stuff over to Office 365. SSO could be a part of it as well. As I said before, there are so many parts to the equation. If you are having connectivity issues beyond what Office 365 is reporting as outages, it has to do with your network or connectivity. Without being there, I don't even want to guess.

Odds are a consultant who has done numerous office 365 migrations would know where to look.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Hmmm, I have no integration between Office 365 and my local AD system. Accounts in Office 365 were created manually and basically exist solely in their systems. Of course if I enable SSO I'll be replicating AD info to them so maybe that's what I need to enable next. I was holding off on doing that because if we got fed up enough with Office 365 that we wanted to dump it, I didn't want to spend any time/money on SSO if it was going to get "ripped out" so to speak.