spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Criticals
join:2010-05-30

1 recommendation

Criticals

Soooo...no one told me about the oQue addon

WTF people. I finally get on last night and try to pug the world bosses. Someone says they will take over lead and fill this raid in 5 minutes with oQue. We have like 9 people in the raid. Literally less than 5 minutes later we are sitting 40 strong and go on to clear all the world bosses. I nearly poop myself after trying it. Greatest addon ever. Its insane. Afterwards I did a MSV 10 crossrealm and then part of ToES also. WoW really needs to just implement oQue into the game. For someone like me that likes to pug, explain the fights and place the markers it is priceless. Going to make gearing up outside of regular raids much much easier.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

Never knew about this either, will have to download it when I get home. Does it track what world bosses you have killed for the week?
Criticals

Criticals

I dont think so. But it basically automically adds people to a group waiting list for your raid. It shows their ilevel and current basic stats and you can automatically set a minimum ilevel. While in oQue it brings up a secondary chat group that shows all people spamming. It also has a secondary list that shows the groups by description and you can use one click to be added to their waiting list. The raid leader just updates what hes lookin for and screens people on the waiting list. I had over 8 people looking for 10 man MSV last night on the waiting list as just DPS. Its amazing for rbgs but also great for raiding. Last night even at 1am there were 16700 Horde and 16200 Alliance on.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
said by stvnbrs:

Never knew about this either, will have to download it when I get home. Does it track what world bosses you have killed for the week?

There's a simple script for that, just check the wowhead nalak page.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

/run for k, v in pairs({ Galleon = 32098, Sha = 32099, Nalak = 32518, Oondasta = 32519}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end

Zupe
MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

Zupe to stvnbrs

MVM

to stvnbrs
If you want an addon to track that (as well as several other things) instead, I use SavedInstances - »www.curse.com/addons/wow ··· nstances

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Criticals

to Criticals
oQueue is pretty cool but it have a few niggles with it.

1. It's engineered towards PVP. Not going to diss PVP, but the bulk of the addon is PVP this and PVP that, which when you just want to do world bosses and raids gets a bit much.
2. Oh my God is it spammy? I don't want to go dark, but neither do I want the same guy shouting over and over and over for his need of a tank for heroic FL. I'm a lock, it's no use to me and I don't want to see it over and over. Seriously needs some filters adding to the annouce.
3. Trying in with 1 and 2. Bounties. I don't give a toss about them, I don't want to see them popping up all the time (especially when it errors more often than not). I can't find a toggle for them though.

Basically it's an essential addon, especially with dead realms as they are. However the addon needs a hell of a lot of work to make it more user friendly and in my opinion should ditch the "PVP" flag it's trying to give itself. It's useful for all areas of the game, so it should tone it down.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Point 3: I will say that Bounties were a big deal in World PvP. You had to be truly infamous to get bounties called on ya... I suppose now you'd have to be extra douchy to be infamous across realms.

Point 2:... I've been tempted to drop a BattleTag friend over this. I keep them so that I know when I'm recruiting against him in /trade.

By the way, folks... no need to carry on a conversation with one person on your RealID/BattleTag status announcements... just whisper the individual directly. It's particularly annoying if whoever you are responding to isn't on my friends list.... I only end up seeing one side of the argument.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Criticals

to Criticals
Might have to give this one a try. Never heard of it until I read this thread.
Criticals

Criticals

Another good PvP thing about this addon is the OLD BOSSES. I saw several ICC 25 and Yogg 0 goin on last night. Also people LF leveling groups. There were about 2 leveling groups going on. Either way, whether geared towards pvp or pve its a tool that works.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

DownLow to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
Trying it now. A few things:

1) You can turn off certain messages/toggle different titles, timers, etc - will help with some of the spam
2) yes, it is very PVP focused so PVE'rs be ware
3) Already see that this will not solve the long queue time for PVE content (like LFR) because you have the same issue - not enough tanks and heals.
Criticals

1 recommendation

Criticals

said by DownLow:

Trying it now. A few things:

1) You can turn off certain messages/toggle different titles, timers, etc - will help with some of the spam
2) yes, it is very PVP focused so PVE'rs be ware
3) Already see that this will not solve the long queue time for PVE content (like LFR) because you have the same issue - not enough tanks and heals.

There will never be a day ever when there are enough tanks and healers. Ever.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Criticals

Premium Member

to Criticals
Yes, we did.

Click me: »Oqueue
Criticals

Criticals

said by Snuffbox:

Yes, we did.

Well...i stand corrected.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

Yes, we did.

Yes we did + 1, is a must have for me.
02778712 (banned)
join:2013-07-08
MA

02778712 (banned) to Cat5

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

oQueue is pretty cool but it have a few niggles with it.

1. It's engineered towards PVP. Not going to diss PVP, but the bulk of the addon is PVP this and PVP that, which when you just want to do world bosses and raids gets a bit much.
2. Oh my God is it spammy? I don't want to go dark, but neither do I want the same guy shouting over and over and over for his need of a tank for heroic FL. I'm a lock, it's no use to me and I don't want to see it over and over. Seriously needs some filters adding to the annouce.
3. Trying in with 1 and 2. Bounties. I don't give a toss about them, I don't want to see them popping up all the time (especially when it errors more often than not). I can't find a toggle for them though.

Basically it's an essential addon, especially with dead realms as they are. However the addon needs a hell of a lot of work to make it more user friendly and in my opinion should ditch the "PVP" flag it's trying to give itself. It's useful for all areas of the game, so it should tone it down.

Update to the newest version of OQ and you can disable bounties.

As far as the PVP rep goes everyone who has anything to do with OQ from the creator to the Vent Mods for OQ all PVP. That's all they do and OQ will always remain geared for PVP. You should join a Tiny AV BG team and try to out. Killing people at the 'mini choke' is great fun!

Cat5

Cat5

said by 02778712:

As far as the PVP rep goes everyone who has anything to do with OQ from the creator to the Vent Mods for OQ all PVP. That's all they do and OQ will always remain geared for PVP. You should join a Tiny AV BG team and try to out. Killing people at the 'mini choke' is great fun!

Cool will update tonight.

The PVP thing isn't a big thing but it's still a bit of a niggle. The bottom line is that oQueue is quite simply the best thing to happen to the game for lots of players on dead realms, and the code behind it is used for PVP and PVE. They'd get even more users if they ditched the PVP tags and made it optional/add-in and marketed it as a cross realm grouping tool. People don't know about it as it's only really advertised in PVP sections.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned)

said by Cat5:

said by 02778712:

The PVP thing isn't a big thing but it's still a bit of a niggle. The bottom line is that oQueue is quite simply the best thing to happen to the game for lots of players on dead realms, and the code behind it is used for PVP and PVE. They'd get even more users if they ditched the PVP tags and made it optional/add-in and marketed it as a cross realm grouping tool. People don't know about it as it's only really advertised in PVP sections.

The thing is they don't want more people. In the last Tiny AV BG he was saying they are the only user in the world to have a Vent install that large. It's a special Vent license just for them. They pay somewhere around $6,000 a year for the license. If the add-on blew up and doubled in size they couldn't support the Vent load financially.

Cat5

Cat5

said by 02778712:

The thing is they don't want more people. In the last Tiny AV BG he was saying they are the only user in the world to have a Vent install that large. It's a special Vent license just for them. They pay somewhere around $6,000 a year for the license. If the add-on blew up and doubled in size they couldn't support the Vent load financially.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

oQueue isn't all about PVP anymore, a lot of it's users are those who just want a nice quick and easy Nalak kill or to find a group to old old raids with. These people won't use the Vent server and most will probably be unaware of it even existing.

oQueue may have started as a PVP grouping tool, but it's now evolved into something far bigger and is filling a gap in the market for cross realm BattleNet groups. As such I think it should be pushing that side of it, rather than just being deemed a PVP addon. The OP hadn't heard of it, probably due to the fact that it's still seen as a PVP addon and skirted over by many addon reviews.
cwpc
join:2003-04-13
Crum Lynne, PA

cwpc to Criticals

to Criticals
I installed this last night, and found a group for HOF R10

it failed, but was nice to have someone other than LFR to group up with.

Now i need to fix my DPS since LFR Doesnt really care about DPS so i can be better and progress.
Criticals

Criticals

said by cwpc:

I installed this last night, and found a group for HOF R10

it failed, but was nice to have someone other than LFR to group up with.

Now i need to fix my DPS since LFR Doesnt really care about DPS so i can be better and progress.

This is what i like. I did the world bosses last night which werent a big deal but did some 10 man normal stuff. This is like in between LFR and regular raiding. Def makin me improve my game though from the regular hum drum LFR weekly.
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune to Criticals

Premium Member

to Criticals
Yeah, I saw this posted before but never got around to trying it. I just installed it and will give it a whirl this week.

It may end up working out well for me for raiding. I was on a raiding hiatus during HoF/ToES/MSV and never did them other than very briefly in LFR (which I dislike doing). It doesn't seem like very many people run them on my server, at least publicly.

I've used OpenRaid in the past, but it's been a while. Lots of scheduled raids there when I used it, although I felt the interface was clunky. I'll probably end up using both; OR for scheduling something a few days in advance, oQueue for jumping in ASAP.

Maybe I can also finish the damn Shadowmourne quest chain, I've only had it for 3.5 years .

Pala
join:2013-06-24
Marion, IL

Pala to 02778712

to 02778712
said by 02778712:

said by Cat5:

said by 02778712:

This not entirely true. The Nathrezim public vent server was and is the largest public ventrilo. At one point it was costing the owner over $12,000 a month to maintain it. It was so big in fact that it was purchased from the original creator by Blizzard themselves and is currently run and paid for by Blizzard. Not sure the plans they have for it but I was originally on Nathrezim and this started as a guy just being nice and just blew up. I still use this vent server to this day. The mods make whole blocks of channels for guilds to use for raids and theres 2,3,4,5 man channels for when you only want so many people in your vent channel. Its pretty sweet.

As for Oqueue. I think its evolving. When I first got it yes it was HEAVY pvp, now I'd say its about 60/40 in favor of PvP. This addon is great for Heroic Scenarios, Old raids, World Bosses, Warbringer Farming, Monkey Runs. You name it and you'll find a group on Oqueue for it. Imagine the impact this addon will have in 5.4 when we get cross realm flex raiding, I think that it might tip the scales in the PvE favor at that point.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Pala:

As for Oqueue. I think its evolving. When I first got it yes it was HEAVY pvp, now I'd say its about 60/40 in favor of PvP. This addon is great for Heroic Scenarios, Old raids, World Bosses, Warbringer Farming, Monkey Runs. You name it and you'll find a group on Oqueue for it. Imagine the impact this addon will have in 5.4 when we get cross realm flex raiding, I think that it might tip the scales in the PvE favor at that point.

My point exactly.

Oqueue isn't just a PvP addon anymore and it has the potential to be the next big addon. Like you say 5.4 will bring Flex Raiding and Oqueue will be a must for people wishing to participate from dead servers / guilds.

I'm not saying they should ditch the PVP functions totally, make them an add-in or something, but the core use of the addon has shifted from PvP grouping to general grouping and 5.4 will bring lots more PvE'rs who simply don't care for PVP stats thrust in there face.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned) to Pala

to Pala
said by Pala:

Is there a PvE tab and PvE options I'm missing because there is a PvP only tab and options. At best it's maybe 80% PvP and 20% PvE. The add-on was written specifically for PvP and has tons of PvP only things. Even if 90% of the users were PvE it's still a primarily PvP add-on. I know from talking to those in charge of the add-on it will always remain a PvP add-on at its' core regardless of how many PvE users join. There's nothing wrong with that except you have to look in the PvP section to get the add-on for PvE use. At the end of the day you won't change a PvE person into a PvP or a PvP person into a PvE person but the dev's are PvP people. Deal with it!

Cat5

Cat5

said by 02778712:

Is there a PvE tab and PvE options I'm missing because there is a PvP only tab and options. At best it's maybe 80% PvP and 20% PvE. The add-on was written specifically for PvP and has tons of PvP only things. Even if 90% of the users were PvE it's still a primarily PvP add-on. I know from talking to those in charge of the add-on it will always remain a PvP add-on at its' core regardless of how many PvE users join. There's nothing wrong with that except you have to look in the PvP section to get the add-on for PvE use. At the end of the day you won't change a PvE person into a PvP or a PvP person into a PvE person but the dev's are PvP people. Deal with it!

Your not missing any options.

What myself and Pala are saying is that what started as a PVP addon has now evolved into a cross realm queuing addon. It will be used for flex raiding in 5.4 to add to the already large number of PVE uses.

The fact that the developers are still flagging it as a PVP addon is meaning the addon isn't getting the exposure it could have gotten from just being a generic queuing addon as only PVP'rs really look there.

The PVP bits in game are just cluttering up the PVE'rs screen, as would a PVE tab on a PVP'rs screen. My suggestion is to strip it down and just use it for queuing. Let users add a PVP or a PVE tab if they wish, just like DBM allows users to add older expansions raid files, but the addon would be far more succesfull, and far more user friendly if it was kept to a simple queuing addon.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned)

said by Cat5:

said by 02778712:

Your not missing any options.

What myself and Pala are saying is that what started as a PVP addon has now evolved into a cross realm queuing addon. It will be used for flex raiding in 5.4 to add to the already large number of PVE uses.

The fact that the developers are still flagging it as a PVP addon is meaning the addon isn't getting the exposure it could have gotten from just being a generic queuing addon as only PVP'rs really look there.

The PVP bits in game are just cluttering up the PVE'rs screen, as would a PVE tab on a PVP'rs screen. My suggestion is to strip it down and just use it for queuing. Let users add a PVP or a PVE tab if they wish, just like DBM allows users to add older expansions raid files, but the addon would be far more succesfull, and far more user friendly if it was kept to a simple queuing addon.

You don't have to convince me. It's the hardcore PvP dev's of the app you need to convince.

Cat5

Cat5

said by 02778712:

You don't have to convince me. It's the hardcore PvP dev's of the app you need to convince.

They'd be foolish if they didn't.

In all honesty, for all it's greatness, oQueue is a very shoddy addon. It's ugly, spammy, and isn't user friendly. It's given me a few lua errors over the few months I've used it. However it is the only choice currently around so it has the users.

It wouldn't take a lot for another developer to create a different addon using the same methods, even using the [OQ] still as that part of it is BattleNet, which is more smart, more user friendly and less spammy. As soon as someone does that, people will migrate from oQueue and they'd struggle to claw people back. Much like Yahoo losing out to Google in the search engine stakes.
02778712 (banned)
MA

02778712 (banned)

said by Cat5:

said by 02778712:

They'd be foolish if they didn't.

In all honesty, for all it's greatness, oQueue is a very shoddy addon. It's ugly, spammy, and isn't user friendly. It's given me a few lua errors over the few months I've used it. However it is the only choice currently around so it has the users.

It wouldn't take a lot for another developer to create a different addon using the same methods, even using the [OQ] still as that part of it is BattleNet, which is more smart, more user friendly and less spammy. As soon as someone does that, people will migrate from oQueue and they'd struggle to claw people back. Much like Yahoo losing out to Google in the search engine stakes.

The best thing that could happen is someone makes a PvE version so it splits into 2 products.

Cat5

Cat5

said by 02778712:

The best thing that could happen is someone makes a PvE version so it splits into 2 products.

I don't think thats needed, and would be a ball ache for people who do both.

A standard queueing addon with tabs for PVP and PVE and the abilty to turn both on or off would work well.