We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium Member
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH

Badger3k to JoelC707

Premium Member

to JoelC707

Re: Dealing with Office 365's issues...

Have you rebuilt profiles for the users having issues connecting? Sounds dumb but one migration (that I'm still working on for other reasons that O365 issues) we had some users with that issue. Rebuilding the users Outlook profile seemed to clear up whatever was causing the issue. They also had some issues after being upgraded from 2010 services to 2013 but those have long since been resolved.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Yeah I've rebuilt the profiles and it sometimes helps. The first time I did it, it cleared up my issue for at least a full day if not more. The second time I did it, it refused to even add my account to Outlook because it couldn't contact the server.

Hell I even uninstalled Office 2010 (in the hopes of installing 2013), rebooted, and reinstalled 2010 plus ALL updates. I have one user that can send emails all day long using our in-house Exchange (different domain) and never have any issues. She sends an email from the O365 domain in outlook and it may actually crash Outlook (full on "outlook has stopped responding" notice). Now I know THAT is likely to be a client issue but that's secondary to the "can't connect to server" alerts we are getting.