spc
uniqs

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Noiche

to Noiche

Re: Path of Exile

Life is the biggest 'my defenses are bad' buffer. Another thing you can do for areas of extreme concern resistance wise is use double resist rings. I think in Cruel I still took the life hit and ran double fire resists to survive LMP dogs.

Scary List
Vaal Smash - 1 Shot
Piety Ice Shot - 2 Shot
Perpetus - Dat bear trap - Dont go top line in City of Sarn
Kole - Lunaris 3 - Unique. You don't have to fight him. Hes brutus on steroids.

THE DISCHARGERS. There is a mob in warehouses that casts flicker strike along with discharge. These are really scary. Sewers have chaos alchemists that are mean. The lightning thorns and arc in battlegrounds is pretty sketchy you will want lightning resists. LMP fireball is really hard hitting carful of that. Again LMP dogs with faster movement can and will chase you down to kill you. Port out and get a new instance.

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Appreciate the death list you gave me there. The flicker strikers are what I've had the most trouble with, especially in act 1 ship graveyard (I think?). Then act 1 boss took me awhile. Didn't kill me, but I was using hit-n-run tactics the whole fight. I will probably look at grinding out to 48-50 before really pushing the quests in act 2 then. I think the extra levels plus possibility of the gear I can find or trade for will do me best. I'm in no rush and enjoy the game thoroughly. Besides, I've got my tank maruader to have some facesmash fun with if I get tired of my Ranger.

I have resist rings on, but 2 different elements. I believe 1 is light and other cold, can't remember and I'm at work right now. I won't even think of finishing off act 2 without at least 50% light resist in cruel. That stupid woman 1 shot me in normal, so I know how hard she can be and I can only imagine how much harder she is in cruel and especially merciless.

Thanks for the tips.