Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor

Re: Fallout New Vegas - The Legion are kicking my ass

Out of curiosity, since your STR is pretty low, did you go for mostly an agile sneak build or something else?

Err, that question is for Nightfall, not Gogg...

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Out of curiosity, since your STR is pretty low, did you go for mostly an agile sneak build or something else?

I would hope that he did, if he's going sniper.

I think I went something like this for my character:

S - 3
P - 6
E - 3
C - 4
I - 7
A - 6
L - 5

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

I can't remember the stats I picked, but I remember one play through that was mostly a sneak with high CHA, INT and AGI (for good prices, good with the workbench and good sneaking). I had real trouble standing my ground in a straight fight, but I made up for it by going crazy with explosives, mines, grenades, etc. Nothing was more satisfying than to sneak up, rig everything up, throw some bomsb and then just watch the world burn, and occasionally finishing off someone with my crappy guns.

Explosive skill was fun.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by ekster:

I can't remember the stats I picked, but I remember one play through that was mostly a sneak with high CHA, INT and AGI (for good prices, good with the workbench and good sneaking). I had real trouble standing my ground in a straight fight, but I made up for it by going crazy with explosives, mines, grenades, etc. Nothing was more satisfying than to sneak up, rig everything up, throw some bomsb and then just watch the world burn, and occasionally finishing off someone with my crappy guns.

Explosive skill was fun.

It is, but you just do not get the bang for your buck unless you get the perks that up explosive damage. With perks only coming every even level, it just is not feasible to use it in FO:NV like it was in FO3. Now, do not get me wrong: explosives are fun and useful, but just not nearly as devastating as FO3.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Goggalor

MVM

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

said by ekster:

I would hope that he did, if he's going sniper.

I think I went something like this for my character:

S - 3
P - 6
E - 3
C - 4
I - 7
A - 6
L - 5

This is similar to what I took. Lower strength and Charisma, higher perception and agility.