« As Backhaul?
This is a sub-selection from Super WiFi anything but super
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to FFH5

to FFH5

Re: Super WiFi anything but super

True they dont like it called wi-fi because some business/association was formed on the name, but it is using the EM spectrum just the same with different protocols, so they aren't compatible today. In 5 years who cares, it's seamless.

It sort like HSPA (and even LTE) magically become 4G. Reality and marketing don't live on the same planet.

I remember when I got my first wifi gw It sucked too and so did compatibility, but it still runs by print server today w/ openwrt...Linksys wrt54g v1.0 But look at today. Once they figure out multiple channels and directionality watch out.

I mean think of FTTN. You could pretty much do away with aging copper if you had base stations instead of VRAD.

The potential for M2M is amazing here, along w/ payments.

The use cases for such valuable spectrum will be even more revolutionary than wifi and bluetooth. Just think in a metro app, P2P communication is now feasible and this presents new levels of potential privacy....

Just think add in some encryption and maybe the NSA cant spy on your walkie talkie cell phones
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

Even if they used the same air interface, a Wifi card can only see 2.4ghz and 5ghz...

Bandwidth depends on what they're using for the air interface, and how many channels they can bond together. If they can get several channels all running an LTE-like OFDMA, that would get them maybe ~50mbps a channel...
« As Backhaul?
This is a sub-selection from Super WiFi anything but super