·callwithus
·T-Mobile US
·localphone.com
·Google Voice
·Callcentric
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Davesnothere

Re: Uh-Oh !!

After like 13 years Yahoo I am done. Time to end this foolishness. Just opened an Outlook account. Will probably do a second one soon. Within next 3 months I will definitely severe my ties with yahoo. My in boxes got increasingly filled with spam in the recent weeks. Another form of pressure. That's it.

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5
Reviews:
·VOIPO
said by cb14:

After like 13 years Yahoo I am done. Time to end this foolishness. Just opened an Outlook account. ...

Exactly! Do you mean outlook.com for your new email? Do they have POP and IMAP?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to cb14
said by cb14:

My in boxes got increasingly filled with spam in the recent weeks. Another form of pressure.

I get no spam to the Inbox of my 14-year-old Yahoo! account. I average about four spam messages a day to the "Bulk Mail" folder.

I haven't seen any spam to my commonly used '@pacbell.net' account, not even to the "Bulk Mail" folder; it is accessed as a free Yahoo! account.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird for both.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to bbear2
said by bbear2:

Exactly! Do you mean outlook.com for your new email? Do they have POP and IMAP?

POP3, yes.
IMAP, no. But the Windows Live Mail desktop mail and news client offers, "DeltaSynch", which works like IMAP. In fact, I just moved a wad of e-mail from Outllook.com to Yahoo! in Windows Live Mail. It would work going the other way, as well.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

2 edits
reply to cb14
said by cb14:

After like 13 years Yahoo I am done. Time to end this foolishness. Just opened an Outlook account. Will probably do a second one soon. Within next 3 months I will definitely severe my ties with Yahoo....

I sincerely believe that Yahoo as a corporation just doesn't 'GET IT'.

They are pissing off longtime users like yourself and I (and who knows how many others, who just get frustrated and go somewhere else for their WebMail and ads after all this time, and do not vent their displeasure here - or even KNOW to).

The larger shame is that Yahoo is ALSO giving up all of the folks (aka RGU's) who we might otherwise steer their way, and now will not, after all of this BS with their 'moving target' interfaces every year or two, and their increasingly sleazy ToS.

And by the time that Yahoo DOES 'get it', Elvis will already have left the building.