dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DepecheMode
join:2003-10-01

DepecheMode

[speed/latency] Fast d/l speeds in A.M. very slow in P.M.

I have been with Verizon DSL for about 8 yrs. Recently upgraded speed to 3.1 - 7mbps from the next lowest package. Problems began after the speed increase. Before noon speeds are great and stay around 5-7mbps both via Ethernet and Wireless, but after noon and for the rest of the day they slow to a crawl 0.8mbps by the time 5pm comes around. Many calls to Verizon tech support with no resolution or answer as to why this is occurring. One tech said it was my modem, that it was old and they would send me a new one. Of course that is complete BS since the speeds start out great and then decline as the day goes on as if I'm being throttled. Hooked up new modem that I received and of course the problem still exists. Since our Internet is slowed to a crawl during prime time, it makes watching streaming media Netflix, amazon video almost impossible, much less being able to surf the net. Does anybody have ideas as to why this is occurring? The problem is on Verizon's end and they can't, wont or don't know how to fix the problem.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

tim_k

Premium Member

Sounds more like congestion. PM me your DSL phone number and I'll see if anything can be done.
Damifino329
join:2006-06-02
Brick, NJ

Damifino329

I have the same issue. I switched modem/router to a new one and still the same problem. Quite often it cuts out all together. I'll PM you my DSL # in the hopes of resolution. Thanks in advance if you can do anything.
DepecheMode

DepecheMode

Tim k is trying to help with my situation. It's a very frustrating situation, especially when Verizon cant seen to fix the problem and blames the in home equipment for the problem.
Damifino329
Brick, NJ

Damifino329 to DepecheMode

to DepecheMode
For me this would all go away if Verizon would run FIOS another few streets further. I'd get the TV/TEL/Internet and save money too. When I worked for VZ it was a full court press to funnel every penny to FIOS. Now a few short years down the road it's come to relative screeching halt.
DepecheMode

DepecheMode

FIOS is not available where I live. Only choice is Verizon DSL or Cable.
Damifino329
Brick, NJ

Damifino329 to DepecheMode

to DepecheMode
Rock and a hard place. I'm at the outer parameters for DSL, so slow is the norm. And folks I t/w that have Cable (Internet) aren't happy either.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

said by Damifino329:

Rock and a hard place. I'm at the outer parameters for DSL, so slow is the norm. And folks I t/w that have Cable (Internet) aren't happy either.

You are better going off with cable either way buy yourself a docsis 3.0 modem and you are future proof.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

said by patt2k:

said by Damifino329:

You are better going off with cable either way buy yourself a docsis 3.0 modem and you are future proof.

Especially without Verizon deploying IPv6, expect for: cell phones, business grade, and I heard/read FIOS soon..