Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall

Re: Fallout New Vegas - The Legion are kicking my ass

That's good advice Goggalor, thanks! I played for like 4 and a half hours last night, which is a lot for me during the week. Had a hard time putting it down. I'm not having much trouble fighting yet but. I'm still up against the Powder Gangers. My strategy so far has been to get as close as possible and VATS them in the head.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

VATS with a powerful gun in the arm or leg can be very funny to watch sometimes if you can take the chance! Especially if they are charging you.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

1 recommendation

Goggalor to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

That's good advice Goggalor, thanks! I played for like 4 and a half hours last night, which is a lot for me during the week. Had a hard time putting it down. I'm not having much trouble fighting yet but. I'm still up against the Powder Gangers. My strategy so far has been to get as close as possible and VATS them in the head.

You're welcome. I bought the game when it originally released, but when I got to about 35 hours or so played, the game would crash after 10 minutes or playing or so. Upon searching ze Googles, it was reported that there was a serious issue with the game at around the same game played time for most people playing on the 360.

Fast forward to last year and seeing the GotY edition with all the expansions for a cheap price, I sat down and picked up where I had left off (Bethesda had finally fixed the save issue). I believe my total time played for my character was in the neighborhood of 108 hours or so... so yeah, I put in some play time with it.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to TheBionic

MVM

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

What made the Legion so hard at the beginning was the fact they are heavily armored. I tore the Powder Gangers a new ass. The Legion is still tough, but not as tough as they were before I got Boone and ED-E. They are also easier as you get up in level. My Guns are at 95, and with the sniper perk, now and I can snipe the crap out of those guys with my trusty Cowboy Repeater very easily.
Nightfall

Nightfall to Goggalor

MVM

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

said by TheBionic:

You're welcome. I bought the game when it originally released, but when I got to about 35 hours or so played, the game would crash after 10 minutes or playing or so. Upon searching ze Googles, it was reported that there was a serious issue with the game at around the same game played time for most people playing on the 360.

Fast forward to last year and seeing the GotY edition with all the expansions for a cheap price, I sat down and picked up where I had left off (Bethesda had finally fixed the save issue). I believe my total time played for my character was in the neighborhood of 108 hours or so... so yeah, I put in some play time with it.

I put 80+ hours in on Fallout 3 and I didn't complete every expansion. Makes me want to go back and replay it again. I just don't have the time.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Nightfall:

I put 80+ hours in on Fallout 3 and I didn't complete every expansion. Makes me want to go back and replay it again. I just don't have the time.

That's about how much time I put into Fallout 3 on the PS3. I didn't buy NV initially because of all the reports of how buggy the game was and I wasn't crazy about the landscape in the first game. I got NV for 5 or 10 bucks on Steam last year sometime, definitely worth it so far.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by TheBionic:

said by Nightfall:

That's about how much time I put into Fallout 3 on the PS3. I didn't buy NV initially because of all the reports of how buggy the game was and I wasn't crazy about the landscape in the first game. I got NV for 5 or 10 bucks on Steam last year sometime, definitely worth it so far.

I agree. I got it for $20 on a Steam sale with all the DLC. That was before the GOTY edition hit. I know there are some Fallout 3 purists that say that New Vegas was not as good, but I think New Vegas is very good. The story and side missions are fun as hell. I am going to be playing this for a while I have a feeling.