how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

almah13

join:2005-08-12
Temple City, CA

[CATV] DVR dropping last few min of recordings

DVR is not recording the full show it is starting the recording a min or two early missing the last few mins. looks like a timing due to charter or the net work. what can I do about this I have tried setting the system time see no options to set system time. I have tried setting the record time to start recordings a few mins late and stop a few min after. this works but is a pain. what can I do about this problem

passerby

join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI

There nothing you can do to fix it, other than call in and possibly schedule a service call. The tech might be able to verify if the time is set correctly on the network and escalate it if there's an issue.

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to almah13

May not be the DVR. Mostly likely, the channel(s) in question aren't starting/stopping the programs on time.

I've had this happen myself, and after a bit of experimenting and observation, the problem was with only a couple of channels. After confirming the DVR clock matched my local time (used my cell phone time), I watched the channel in question while recording. Just something to consider/test.
--
Google is your Friend

anhisr

join:2001-12-01
Ballwin, MO

I have had a couple of stations start to do this. I miss like the last minute of the show. Discovery, USA, FX I have noticed this action

almah13

join:2005-08-12
Temple City, CA
reply to almah13

I had a tech come out to look at the DVR he replaced the DVR to a new Cisco unit same problem with new DVR what can I do now to get this problem fixed

fnord76
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL
kudos:2

As everyone else states, you are not going to be able to do anything. It is a channel issue.

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to almah13

Have you checked the channels to see if they start/stop on time?

The DVR (like most other recording devices) records based on time (ie: the clock), not when the shows begin and end. If the channel(s) aren't using system time, then there isn't anything you or Charter can do to "fix it".
--
Google is your Friend

anhisr

join:2001-12-01
Ballwin, MO

Unless you want to tell each programed recording to start late and end late. That would then make it run into a program that is on time the next hour though.