said by Mr Neutron:
I can confirm that is true regarding the paid version.
So is it accurate to say that shelling out for the paid version of Yahoo mail won't yield any significant advantage over the free version? From what I can make out, that seems to be the case. However, I do not want to overstate anything here.
Overstate away !
Those of us who DO bitch and complain must compensate for the silent majority who simply bend over and drop trou', and those who WOULD complain, but do not know to post here nor anywhere else significant.
The screenshots of the interface in that article look like what I have seen during the brief period when I took Yahoo's 'Side-Grade', back when we still had ways to reverse it.Here are some 'HIGH'-lights of the new interface, from my perspective :
(1) Half as many messages showing at a time on our already shorter screens
(2) Important function buttons missing
(3) ALL messages loading at once instead of paging (THAT's what slows it down, BTW)
(4) Single click opens a message instead of only selecting it
(5) No way to turn off the preview pane anymore
(though admittedly some other WebMail services have followed M$ down the rabbit hole on THOSE last two security breaches presented as 'conveniences').
Feel free to add what YOU have noticed, folks !
= = = = = = = =
BTW, I'm not sure about what's in the ToS for Yahoo PLUS.