·localphone.com
·callwithus
·Google Voice
·Callcentric
·AT&T U-Verse
·magicjack.com
reply to Mr Neutron

Re: Alternatives to Yahoo's Free WebMail - Pros & Cons

I think that Outlook provides a relatively decent alternative to Yahoo and over the next few months, I will be moving my stuff over there.
The free version of Hushmail is practically useless. The 35$ version has only 1 GB storage. If you want to have something good you have to take Hushmail business for 63$/year plus set up fee. They also have some options which can ad a few hundred $ to the bill, like e-mail archiving or passphrase recovery.
Just too expensive for me.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

4 edits
said by cb14:

I think that Outlook provides a relatively decent alternative to Yahoo and over the next few months, I will be moving my stuff over there.
The free version of Hushmail is practically useless. The 35$ version has only 1 GB storage. If you want to have something good you have to take Hushmail business for 63$/year plus set up fee. They also have some options which can ad a few hundred $ to the bill, like e-mail archiving or passphrase recovery.
Just too expensive for me.

Yes, I pretty much agree with all of your observations, and have been testing and considering Outlook for the past month or so.

I also opened a free HushMail account yesTURDay to check under the hood.

A question though - About Outlook's 'ALIASes' :

When you add one to an account (which seems only to be an extra email address instead of Yahoo's definition for Alias, which is even less), is there a way (or not) to also establish an alternate NAME to go with each alias, and still have them share the same mailboxes, or must I setup a completely separate account for each instance where I want to use a different name ? (in which case I cannot share the same mailboxes in the way that Outhouse Express used to allow offline even with multiple completely separate email accounts)

I would think that the whole point of establishing an alias would be so that some folks would not know who you are, and having the same name with a different email address would not accomplish that.