uniqs
share rss forum feed

paulmataruso

join:2013-07-12
Newport, NH

My setup

Click for full size
Click for full size
This is my personal project I have been working on. Top picture, is the network switch core. Fiber converters are feed to the bottem of the complex, and to some houses around the area we provide internet to. The data center is on a very large parcel of land, with many different buildings on it. All the servers are running VMware ESX, and they are all tied together with a VirtualCenter server. Services provided are DSL, Web hosting, VPN termination, Hosted Asterisk Services, Game servers, VPS, SQL, lots of shit. The bottem pictures is, are DSLAM and DSL routeing gear, and also the power service.

if you wanna see a cam of the place its »cam1.dothackinc.com

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:2

Is that... an old-school Compaq Proliant 1600R at the bottom of the third rack, just above the UPS?

paulmataruso

Newport, NH

Yes indeed it is. It not being used for anything tho. Its just kinda there.

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5
reply to paulmataruso

All of that sawdust cant be good for those servers ...

Otherwise, not a bad little setup.

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium
join:2004-09-11
Woburn, MA
reply to paulmataruso

What is this on a residential property? What are more details? What's the power setup?

paulmataruso

Newport, NH

It is not on residential property. It is on a trout hatchery actually. In exchange for managing the technical side of things we get access to this space and the power. The land it is on is very large, with many houses and complexes on it. We have many fiber feeds and in house DSL lines servings different places on the land. The power service is 3 Phase, and we also have a bank of generators that will power the whole complex. I don't know alot about the gensets tho. I know the spinup time is 30 sec, and there is auto-transfer switches in place. The power feed for the datacenter is 600 Amps. The servers are not for anything in the trout hatchery, they are for other clients and customers.

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium
join:2004-09-11
Woburn, MA
reply to paulmataruso

Your link to the cam doesnt work seems your domain name isn't setup

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5

It was working the other day, hence the reason I commented about the saw dust.

But its not working now it seems. Just looks like some generic landing page?

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:13
reply to paulmataruso

said by paulmataruso:

In exchange for managing the technical side of things we get access to this space and the power...The servers are not for anything in the trout hatchery, they are for other clients and customers.

Callme cynical, but the old adage "if it sounds too good to be true..." comes to mind about this arrangement.
Mewonders if there isn't something dark(er) going on... but that may just be me...

Otherwise, pretty sweet setup!

Regards