join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy to biochemistry

Premium Member

to biochemistry

Re: The US doesn't need to subsidize Internet for poor

said by biochemistry:

Better to drive the car you earned. I would feel like a piece of crap driving a Ford Fiesta that I was only able to afford through defrauding the government. It's too bad there's no more shame in society

And a Ford Fiesta is considered an "economy" car. When my car was out of service, I had to rent cars to go to my grandmother's house in Maine (because public transit in Biddeford is absolutely useless), and I would book economy cars through Avis and they gave me a Ford Fiesta once and that thing was tiny. I am 5' 5" and my mother is 5'1" and that thing was ok to drive but my poor mother had no legroom in the back seat.

If I were to buy a brand new car on the taxpayers dime, I would buy an economy car, not a luxury convertible.

As for me, I am biased towards domestic cars and I've owned cars from all of the big three (first vehicle was GMC, second was a Mercury, and I currently drive a Dodge). I've had the best luck with the Mercury (made by Ford) in terms of reliability.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

Stand by... there's MILLIONS of dollars stuffed in the new Immigration Reform bill for cars for certain groups of people.. Yes, the government IS getting in the business of handing out cars... WHAT THE HELL!