All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

gmcon
@cityofnapa.org

gmcon

Anon

[General] Device to connect PRI to old PBX & New?

We have a full PRI T1 coming in from AT&T. Currently, it goes directly to our Mitel 3300 IP PBX. I'd like to begin implementing a new SIP (Asterisk/Trixbox) PBX. What product can I use to route only specific DID numbers to the new PBX, while keeping all other DID's routed to our current Mitel?
So, AT&T PRI T1 to (Digium G200?) to both current Mitel (over T1/PRI cable) and to new Asterisk PBX (over ethernet). Inbound calls routed to one or the other PBX, based on its DID number.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Would a possible temporary solution be to route all calls to the Mitel device, and configure the Mitel device to route certain calls via SIP URI to the Asterisk PBX? If this were possible it would not require additional hardware.
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

SCADAGeo to gmcon

Premium Member

to gmcon
This was posted to Digium's list server: Sip trunk between Asterisk and Mitel 3300 ICP.

gbcon
@cityofnapa.org

gbcon

Anon

That's a great idea/workaround, but I'm trying to get away from Mitel's licensing by using the other box. So we'd still need a SIP trunk license from them...
rblizz
join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX

rblizz to gmcon

to gmcon
Long, long ago (before switches commonly had PRI cards) we used to use a channel bank to convert (break out) T1 channels to analog trunks.

I think the Adtran Atlas line is kind of a modern version of that (except with a lot more flexibility and customization options) ...

»www.adtran.com/web/page/ ··· group/41

Doing a quick search, it appears that "Atlas" covers a wide range of related products. (You'll have to do research -- I imagine that there are competing products.)

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro to gmcon

to gmcon
I've used Quintum DX2024 (or DX2030) to do exactly what you are asking for: have a PRI coming in, split some DIDs from it and deliver them using VoIP to a PBX and the rest of the DIDs sent over another PRI to the legacy PBX.
Also, we have a couple Adtran Atlas 550 boxes in our office and I absolutely love them. They are rock solid, Telco grade and can be used to route calls to/from the PRI coming from the Telco to/from FXS ports, internal PRIs, BRIs and who knows what else (there are many types of cards available for them). I think they are pretty cheap on eBay these days.
The only disadvantage compared to the Quintum DX I mentioned earlier is that you need a second gateway for the PRI or FXS to VoIP conversion.

Ken1943
join:2001-12-30
Brighton, CO

Ken1943 to gmcon

to gmcon
+1 for Adtran. Their support is great. Give them a call and they will tell you what you need. You will have to work with AT&T to to split the routing of calls to certain channels.

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

said by Ken1943:

+1 for Adtran. Their support is great. Give them a call and they will tell you what you need. You will have to work with AT&T to to split the routing of calls to certain channels.

Actually there's no need to have AT&T change anything. The Adtran internal routing can be done by the DID.
I have worked a lot with the Adtran and Quintum boxes, I can help the OP with either one if he decides to go with either one.