Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to Torabo

Re: [Cable] "wonderful" tech support

Hi Torabo,

Sorry for the delayed update. I spoke to Jon that confirmed that he had received a PM from you late yesterday with your brother's account info. When he checked it seems that your brother had also called in this morning and a ticket was opened.

My team is watching its status closely.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Torabo
FYI. I set myself a reminder to check in 48 hours from ticket in case there is nothing and we need to escalate. If something (confirmation of dispatch) comes sooner, you will be notified.

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
reply to Torabo
Hi Torabo,

Just a quick update, we haven't received a reply from our vendor in 48 hrs so we escalated to get a confirmed date for a tech to go out asap.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
--
E-Services Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
reply to TSI Andre
Hi Torabo,

We have received a reply from our Vendor, I have PM'ed you the details and we will communicate this to your brother as well.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
--
E-Services Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

savvypilot

join:2009-03-20
Toronto, ON
reply to Torabo
Jesus, running into this same issue here. Cable does not have sync, it's a layer 1 issue, and being asked to provide layer 3 IP info. FFS. Told support I'm 4000 miles away so not the easiest thing to do, yet they still won't budge. Something needs to give here, TSI needs to stop monkeying around with support scripts and useless troubleshooting steps. It's as if the OSI model means nothing to them or Rogers. It's a clear L1 issue!

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
If Teksavvy doesn't get the answers to all those useless questions, Rogers won't open a ticket. Everyone has to obey Rogers' garbage scripts on this.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Torabo
Hi Torabo,

I tried calling your brother to see how things went and there was no answer.

Did he reach out to you?

Cheers,

Andre

oceros

join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to savvypilot
How does teksavvy know that cable hasn't been there for weeks and you are just noticing it now and assuming it is your problem because you are looking for it? This complaint could be paraphrased as, "COME ON GUYS, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW SMRT I AM!" So maybe they cut corners, send a tech to fix this cable, and it turns out that isn't even the problem. Now you call up and hand out a tongue lashing for wasting a week of your time and not even fixing the problem. Then it's a huge mess and if the next support guy bases anything off the faked info you'll be off on the wrong track yet again. From your perspective, maybe you're 100% sure it's the cable. Maybe it 100% IS the cable. The real problem is that there is another person out there that will feel just as sure, and sound just as convincing on the phone, and yet will be 100% wrong about the real underlying problem.

If every end user was a network engineer, perhaps a helpdesk could base their policies on assuming the end user knows what is wrong and how to resolve their own problem. Meanwhile in reality, hoops need to be jumped through to make the cogs turn. Cutting corners or outright faking data as a means to an end will eventually cause way more problems than it solves.

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
kudos:2
reply to Torabo
So does TSI contact the local cable company, say "Shaw" to go repair the cable?
Would TSI have to pay them for that or would the customer?
just curious

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
All 3rd party ISPs who offer DSL service use the incumbent phone company, such as Bell, or Telus etc. Those who offer cable service use the incumbent cable operator, e.g. Rogers, Shaw, Cogeco, Videotron etc.

Line maintenance to the house for DSL and to the modem for cable is the responsibility of the incumbent.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Cartel
Roger's, Shaw, Bell, Telus own the lines, my cable lines say "Property of Shaw Cable" on them for example.

The incumbent needs to fix them because they own the lines.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Torabo

join:2009-09-01
reply to Torabo
Yup. I have confirmed everything is A-working again, thanks for the help TSI Andre and giving me updates on the process. Rogers was overwhelmed by the recent storms I guess and was slow in scheduling a tech, but I wish the process for getting a cut line fixed as simpler for 3rd-party ISPs =/