47717768 (banned)

Clear TV

i just have seen Clear TV commercial »www.cleartv.com/
Does anyone knows what it is all about?
n4bkn
join:2003-12-11
Memphis, TN

n4bkn

They're selling a broadcast television antenna.
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

How about cable or settle channels? I do not think so.

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

said by 47717768:

How about cable or settle channels? I do not think so.

no its just an OTA antenna. you can buy OTA antenna from just about any store that sells antennas.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to 47717768

MVM

to 47717768
Click for full size
This pretty much explains it - near the bottom of the first page:

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to norbert26

Premium Member

to norbert26
said by norbert26:

no its just an OTA antenna. you can buy OTA antenna from just about any store that sells antennas.

^^^
This

Maybe tschmidt See Profile will comment.

JMHO42
@verizon.net

JMHO42 to 47717768

Anon

to 47717768
Think "MagicJack for TV" (but, yeah, just an OTA antenna--says so right on the page you link to).

That being said, the antenna design is--generally speaking--one with technical merit. I would, however, recommend getting one of the better brands, say, on Amazon--like the Mohu.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by JMHO42 :

Think "MagicJack for TV" (but, yeah, just an OTA antenna--says so right on the page you link to).

That being said, the antenna design is--generally speaking--one with technical merit. I would, however, recommend getting one of the better brands, say, on Amazon--like the Mohu.

Be interested in the perceived technical merit of antenna, any patents numbers.?

To the OP, do a google on it and Brilliant Built Technologies. I think you'll find your answer.
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

1 edit

47717768 (banned)

The problem is i do not know how to use Google

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to 47717768

MVM

to 47717768
As other have posted this a broadcast TV antenna. Depending on your location you may be able to receive multiple channels, and because TV broadcast is digital each channel may have numerous subchannels.

I would be wary of any overly hyped TV antenna ad. There a lots of different types of antennas tailored to the frequencies used by the various stations and signal strength.

Best place to start is to plug your exact address into TVfool to model which stations are available.
»tvfool.com/

I plugged Birmingham, AL into TVFool, so it only resolved to the city but it looks like you have lots of strong stations that are all in pretty much the same direction. That is ideal for over the air reception.
»www.tvfool.com/?option=c ··· 8cb662b5

If you decide you want to look into OTA next step is to ask for antenna recommendation on the AVSforum web site.

»www.avsforum.com/f/25/hd ··· echnical

I'd also check out the regional forum, there is one for Birmingham
»www.avsforum.com/t/36574 ··· -al-hdtv

I'm in a deep fringe area here in Southern NH so my experience is not directly relevant but we are able to receive dozens of channels/sub-channels so rely on OTA solely and do not pay month fee to Cable or Sat provider. Your mileage may vary depending on your viewing interests.

/tom

JMHO42
@verizon.net

JMHO42 to SparkChaser

Anon

to SparkChaser
Perhaps--never really checked; I did see a lot of reviews and analysis from various consumer and more professional sites. Google 'mohu' and you should see how the 'leaf' antenna was developed--origins and all (military even).

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to 47717768

to 47717768
said by 47717768:

The problem is i do not know how to use Google

»lmgtfy.com/?q=+Clear+TV

Also if you live out in the boonies check this site:

»www.antennaweb.org/

Will let you see if you can get by with a settop antenna like that.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

1 edit

SparkChaser to JMHO42

Premium Member

to JMHO42
said by JMHO42 :

Perhaps--never really checked; I did see a lot of reviews and analysis from various consumer and more professional sites. Google 'mohu' and you should see how the 'leaf' antenna was developed--origins and all (military even).

Thanks for the secret word 'mohu'. Interesting read.

»lmgtfy.com/?q=mohu+leaf+

Edit: More interesting stuff 'green wave scientific' parent to mohu.