uniqs
share rss forum feed

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show

join:2000-01-05
Quincy, MA
kudos:1

Movie ID (#2)?

Since I've had success w/ this, recently, how about another? This film came out around the mid-80's (I believe). It's German (or at least takes place there) & involves a young inventor who comes up w/ a highly-efficient rechargeable battery (accumulator). He, in turn, uses it to build this really wild-looking electric car (I remember it having a large number of headlights). I believe he spends some of the film trying to raise interest in his creation. All-the-while, he's getting spied on &/or pursued by people connected to the oil companies. And in the end, the car gets totaled, but an American firm expresses interest in his battery (although not for use in cars). One other thing I remember is the inventor being friends (??) w/ a young punk rocker who rides on a skateboard & uses a dog on a leash to pull him around. Any ideas?
--
Acme Electric Co.: We fix your shorts!

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
Sorry, not ringing any bells with me; but if it really is a German film, then it's unlikely I would've seen it.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Madness
I want to say I saw this on our local 'This' OTA station but can't remember enough of the movie to search and find the name.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11
reply to Madness
You talking about Knight and Day?
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_and ··· _and_Day
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah