spc
Search similar:

uniqs

downloader
@wideopenwest.com

downloader

Anon

Just to be sure, WOW has no caps?

Just want to make sure I won't see any negative repercussions as a result of really high bandwidth usage. Mainly unusually high as a result of the steam sale. I have been pretty much capping my bandwidth since yesterday afternoon. Between my usual netflix/amazon video watching, I have had games and updates going a lot, and plan to for the duration of the steam sale.

Just wanted some confirmation that this is fine. I don't want throttling me or something because my normal usage just skyrocketed in such a short time frame.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

I've never experienced any throttling. And I've never heard of WOW having caps. Although we have rarely gone over 250gb in a month. The most we ever used was 270gb last December, which happened to be during a Steam sale.

downloader
@wideopenwest.com

downloader

Anon

That's good to hear. I usually am between 200 and 300 every month, but used like 100 just since the steam sale. It's the cards. I usually just download games as I play them, but now I have to download them all to get the cards for them.
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11

I'm not sure I get the point of these Steam cards. Can you use them to get free games or something?

downloader
@wideopenwest.com

downloader

Anon

You can sell them in the marketplace. I was in beta when cards were selling for like .50 each, ended up getting up to like $15 before the sale started. Now they are worth less per card, but you can get so many more cards, that you can still collect them, sell them, then get some games.

Or you can craft them into profile stuff. Like emoticons, backgrounds, and stuff if you actually care about using steam as a social gaming platform.