uniqs

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

Getting workers to help you move

I might need to find a couple of guys to move a bed room set in a short time. What would be name of the service to look for?

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

2 recommendations

BKayrac

Premium Member

said by Caddyroger:

I might need to find a couple of guys to move a bed room set in a short time. What would be name of the service to look for?

Movers.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
Temp services can provide workers for this. We used some when we moved...they were great. They jumped right in and got the job done. We did all the 'thinking' and they did all the 'working'. Got everything moved in one day.

Make sure that you tell the agency exactly what you have in mind so they send the right folks for the job...we had lots of stair climbing, boxes of books, etc.

I think we paid $18 per hour for 8 hours each. We fed them lunch and I gave each $20 additional for their attitude of 'git it done'. They also got good reviews on their evacuation/time cards.

Sounds like you have less work than this, but yeah, I'm thinking it'd work for you.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
Well if you're just hiring labor you have to be careful as if anything is damaged who are you really going to blame? A moving company is supposed to have insurance for this kinds of things, and you can get multiple estimates, however for a small job a moving company may not be the way to go.

You don't have any real friends to help you move? I've seen it before, unless you have abused to the people you call friends so they won't help you again to where you don't help back when they ask, or your friends are not true friends.

Just make sure it as ready to go as possible from what you can do by yourself.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by BlitzenZeus:

Well if you're just hiring labor you have to be careful as if anything is damaged who are you really going to blame? A moving company is supposed to have insurance for this kinds of things, and you can get multiple estimates, however for a small job a moving company may not be the way to go.

You don't have any real friends to help you move? I've seen it before, unless you have abused to the people you call friends so they won't help you again to where you don't help back when they ask, or your friends are not true friends.

Just make sure it as ready to go as possible from what you can do by yourself.

I have not made hardly friends here I am not much of a social guy. My neighbor would help me but I am not able to help much at lifting. The problem this my daughter doing. I am just a middle man. I have called some movers but the are $200 to $300 for 2 hrs work.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Consider the real value of your furniture, what if you had to replace it, and use your best judgement.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger to John Galt6

Premium Member

to John Galt6
said by John Galt6:

Temp services can provide workers for this. We used some when we moved...they were great. They jumped right in and got the job done. We did all the 'thinking' and they did all the 'working'. Got everything moved in one day.

Make sure that you tell the agency exactly what you have in mind so they send the right folks for the job...we had lots of stair climbing, boxes of books, etc.

I think we paid $18 per hour for 8 hours each. We fed them lunch and I gave each $20 additional for their attitude of 'git it done'. They also got good reviews on their evacuation/time cards.

Sounds like you have less work than this, but yeah, I'm thinking it'd work for you.

Thanks That I was looking for. My daughter live is Hi and is moving back here. she not breing her furniture. She had me look at a bedroom set. She liked she bought. The only problem was she has to get it out by next Wednesday. I called some movers for some estimates and they wanted $200 to $400. I called her and recommended that she pay the price To guarantee delivery and insured for any damages. Of the 6 I called said they would be able to get it by Wed. Thursday she called and said that her friend said that they would do it for her this week end.
I just they or I am able to get so help by Wed or she going to lose her money and bedroom set.
kherr
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

kherr to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
2 men and a truck ......

Mr Neutron
Impassioned Gibberish
Premium Member
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME

Mr Neutron to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
said by Caddyroger:

The problem this my daughter doing. I am just a middle man. I have called some movers but the are $200 to $300 for 2 hrs work.

The thing to remember is that professional movers are not only concerned about damage to the furniture, but also damage to the walls and floors of the home during the move. This results in their liability insurance being high, the cost of which is passed onto you, the client.

The price range you've gotten for professional movers sounds about right. With furniture so expensive these days, I would think it would be worth it to spend $250 to hang onto a decent bedroom set as opposed to buying all new (possibly inferior) stuff, wouldn't it?