spc
Search similar:

uniqs

fc2112
@verizon.net

fc2112

Anon

Random disonnects

I have had no issues with the service until this week. I use a D-Link dsl-2320b modem and I get disconnected and reconnected randomly. In every occasion that I`ve checked speedtest, I end up having a new IP address.

I figure I`d ask here, but I`m fairly certain I`m going to have to call a create a trouble ticket.

Anyone here ever have this problem from dslextreme?

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Hmmm. Definitely sounds like your connection is dropping, but not enough info to determine why, yet.

When you look at the modem, you'll see there's a light marked DSL. Does that light flash or go out when you lose your connection? If so, that means you're seeing a physical disconnect between the modem and the outside world; if that light remains steady, it usually means there's something else going on (could be a bad cable between the modem and the computer, for example).

If you sign up for an account here on BBR (it's free) and send me a PM (click on the little yellow 'send instant message' icon at the bottom of my post) with some of your account info, I can take a look into it from my end here for you.

fc2112
@verizon.net

fc2112

Anon

That light goes out. It attempts to reconnect by flashing rapidly, fails a few times, then eventually stays steady.

I`ll do what you said and send the info.

It`s been working fine for the last 2 hours though.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Well, definitely glad it's working now, but if it continues to act up we want to get that fixed. Go ahead and send me the info when you get a chance.
ADRider
join:2006-01-25
Largo, FL

ADRider to fc2112

to fc2112
hi, this is OP...i registered ages ago but didn`t post the question logged in.

It all seems to be working now..although given the fact that I didn`t do anything to my system and wiring, Verizon must have had an issue i brought to their attention.

Thanks for the help.
ADRider

ADRider to fc2112

to fc2112
I jumped the gun on claiming this was issue resolved. The problem returned yesterday worse than ever.

I went ahead and became a technician by bypassing my interior wiring with a single rj-11 connected directly from Verizon`s interface box to my modem. It worked beautiful.

Then came what pissed me off. I called to have them come out again to check their outside equipment because I could clearly see rust on the connectors. This must be some 2 cent piece they should be either be cleaning or replacing on a service call, but clearly, the tech that came out didn`t think so. They must get more money by blaming a homeowner that their interior wiring is bad.
So I go ahead and clean the contacts with an old toothbrush..and, bingo...working fine, nothing wrong with my home wiring obviously..

This does not sit well with me, the outside interface with all it`s old rusty pieces is not my problem. So guess what, dslextreme...when my contract is up I will be going to Clear.

You can thank Verizon.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

To be fair, the field tech that went out last week did change your cable pair to put you on a better gauge cable, and as you saw the connection had no problem when you had the modem direct to the phone box (bypassing the inside wiring), so I can understand why the field tech thought the issue was resolved at that point. If you do want to switch service, however, I do understand and respect your decision. At the very least, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further trouble between now and then.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to fc2112

Mod

to fc2112

(topic move) Random disonnects - Floey

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Random disconnects - Floey