Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

to BlitzenZeus

Re: Getting workers to help you move

said by BlitzenZeus:

Well if you're just hiring labor you have to be careful as if anything is damaged who are you really going to blame? A moving company is supposed to have insurance for this kinds of things, and you can get multiple estimates, however for a small job a moving company may not be the way to go.

You don't have any real friends to help you move? I've seen it before, unless you have abused to the people you call friends so they won't help you again to where you don't help back when they ask, or your friends are not true friends.

Just make sure it as ready to go as possible from what you can do by yourself.

I have not made hardly friends here I am not much of a social guy. My neighbor would help me but I am not able to help much at lifting. The problem this my daughter doing. I am just a middle man. I have called some movers but the are $200 to $300 for 2 hrs work.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Consider the real value of your furniture, what if you had to replace it, and use your best judgement.

Mr Neutron
Impassioned Gibberish
Premium Member
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME

Mr Neutron to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
said by Caddyroger:

The problem this my daughter doing. I am just a middle man. I have called some movers but the are $200 to $300 for 2 hrs work.

The thing to remember is that professional movers are not only concerned about damage to the furniture, but also damage to the walls and floors of the home during the move. This results in their liability insurance being high, the cost of which is passed onto you, the client.

The price range you've gotten for professional movers sounds about right. With furniture so expensive these days, I would think it would be worth it to spend $250 to hang onto a decent bedroom set as opposed to buying all new (possibly inferior) stuff, wouldn't it?