KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823
Dude111 you realize you're on the internet, in the USA, right.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

Yup I realise that buddy
Rojo31
join:2009-04-14
New York, NY

Rojo31

Don't worry, man. These are the same sorts who five years ago posted tin-foil hat pictures when posters tried to warn that government was spying on us.
Don't see many tin-foil pics anymore, do you?
What you'll never see are posts saying, "Sorry man, I was wrong."
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

But he's making claims about software that is available today and that can be shown today to be wrong. For just one example: "by default", as claimed in the title line.
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA

2 edits

scelli (banned) to Rojo31

to Rojo31
said by Rojo31:

Don't worry, man. These are the same sorts who five years ago posted tin-foil hat pictures when posters tried to warn that government was spying on us.

I'd be extremely careful throwing around blanket generalizations and categorizations like the above. There are a number of us (myself included) who take a rather dim view of such comments and remain more than capable of intelligent rebuttal regarding the matter.

Just FYI: One of those who refuses the vast majority of the time to admit that he was wrong even after numerous others have provided definitive evidence to the contrary is the individual you apparently feel the need to defend.

(Edited for spelling)
Rojo31
New York, NY

Rojo31

What, people didn't used to post tin-foil hat pics? Gov't isn't spying on its citizens? Not sure just what you're taking issue with or what your dire warning is supposed to mean.
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
FLOT/FEBA

1 recommendation

scelli (banned)

said by Rojo31:

What, people didn't used to post tin-foil hat pics? Gov't isn't spying on its citizens? Not sure just what you're taking issue with or what your dire warning is supposed to mean.

Figure it out for yourself as it's quite self-explanatory. Perhaps you'd do well to pay a little more attention to those around here who can actually type two or more cohesive sentences together rather than defending certain individuals whose mission in life is to regularly behave like the 6th grade class clown....and a poor imitation of one at that.

End of discussion.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS to Rojo31

MVM

to Rojo31
I am reasonably certain that I have never posted any tin-foil hat pics. Ever. AFDB is another metal, entirely. And remember ...
SHINY SIDE OUT!!!
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned)

said by NormanS:

I am reasonably certain that I have never posted any tin-foil hat pics. Ever. AFDB is another metal, entirely. And remember ...
SHINY SIDE OUT!!!

I'm also reasonably certain he hasn't been the only one to complain regarding individuals failing to publicly apologize when they've been incorrect on a matter. In fact, I am absolutely certain because one of those who brought that very same subject up with this forum was me back on 20 June of this year:

»Re: Yahoo to Users: Let Us Read Your Emails or -- Goodbye!

ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

ashrc4 to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS
said by NormanS:

SHINY SIDE OUT!!!

quote:
Pine Gap is indeed a vital element in a US military intelligence collection and targeting complex that can locate the origin of radio signals to within as little as 10 metres,
I'm confused are you suggesting that tin foil is no good and that i should use AFDB instead. Don't brainwaves leak around the edges?

»www.theage.com.au/it-pro ··· 10h.html

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by ashrc4:

I'm confused are you suggesting that tin foil is no good and that i should use AFDB instead. Don't brainwaves leak around the edges?

In the first place, I have never posted any tin-foil hat pics; but I have linked an AFDB site on occasion. Hence the "another metal" comment, which should have been interpreted as, "another matter" in the context. I sincerely apologize for being deliberately obtuse.

In the second place, I don't know where to find tin foil. I am sure I could find some, if necessary.

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

All of my tinfoil hats are made from aluminum foil--easier to find.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

I get all my gummint mind reading/probing protection from

»www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

Thaler to Rojo31

Premium Member

to Rojo31
said by Rojo31:

The hit/miss rate of the tin-foil hat gallery is still abysmally low. Just because they were accurate this time doesn't necessarily mean the "government is putting Fluoride in your water so that aliens lead by Elvis can make better crop circles" theory is true.
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned)

said by Thaler:

The hit/miss rate of the tin-foil hat gallery is still abysmally low. Just because they were accurate this time doesn't necessarily mean the "government is putting Fluoride in your water so that aliens lead by Elvis can make better crop circles" theory is true.

Agreed. I deeply resent being categorized in any manner and the poster's uninformed crack about "These are the same sorts..." is just one such example of the carelessness bandied about by a (thankfully) small faction of DSLR. A few weeks ago, an individual who frequents this forum on occasion decided he was going to catalog me in a similar manner. I made him acutely aware in no uncertain terms just how wrong he was and some here might recall that particular thread:

»Interview with the latest NSA Whistleblower

Trihexagonal5
join:2004-08-29
US

1 recommendation

Trihexagonal5 to Rojo31

to Rojo31
said by Rojo31:

I'm far from all-knowing or infallible. It doesn't make me feel any less a man to admit it when I'm wrong or to openly apologize, will do so, and believe I have done so here in the past, if for nothing else than the perceived shock value of seeing someone actually apologize for something online.
Rojo31
New York, NY

3 recommendations

Rojo31

OK, I've been schooled. I'm not above admitting I was wrong
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
FLOT/FEBA

1 recommendation

scelli (banned)

said by Rojo31:

OK, I've been schooled. I'm not above admitting I was wrong

I genuinely respect that and am sure the vast majority of others here do as well, Rojo. Thanks!

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth

Phoenix22 to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW

Re: [Win7] Your computer BY DEFAULT is spying on you

use some fabreeze