spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

noshoes

@videotron.ca

[Cable] installation forever delayed, frustration

We subscribed to Teksavvy cable in Montreal, paid on June 29th in advance 130$ for installation and first month, they told us they had put a request for install in the morning of the 11th or 12th... That was already a long delay, I skipped work to await the installer which never came.
We called Teksavvy which told us the installer had never confirmed, and that they would call back on the 15th to set up a new date...
This has been a most frustrating experience, why is it taking so long? why was Teksavvy unable to call us to say that the installer had never confirmed and wouldnt show up? Why did I had to miss a work day for nothing? Can they put our install in some priority queue?

very disappointed by Teksavvy

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

Hi noshoes,

Sorry we've let you down and failed to contact you to advise you of the tech not coming out. Can you PM me your account information? I would like to see what happened and follow up on what is going on.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
--
E-Services Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Drecca

join:2012-11-21
reply to noshoes

You'll have to get in line

I also ordered cable internet in Montreal. I think around the 30th of june, maybe early July. Had 2 install dates of the 10th and 11th.

I saw a thread about install dates being delayed with Videotron and PM'ed Andre. Awesome guy, has kept me up to date with everything. Videotron is just delaying a ton of third party ISP installs, not jus TSI.

My only frustrations here are :

1 - If I hadn't seen a thread about delayed installs BEFORE my own install date, I wouldn't have known installs were delayed, this was not communicated to me beforehand by TSI

2 - I'm using LTE internet. Bell's sync-no-surf issue is affecting me big time, goes down every 3-5 minutes. Extremely frustrating, hence the LTE hotspot. I'm very close to going over my cap now, having to use it for over 2 weeks already.

Anyway, just a possibly crazy suggestion/idea..

Why doesn't TSI hire 2-3 techs in large urban areas, and have those techs do the physical installs for cable (doubt Bell would let anyone touch their remotes/dslams). Then the incumbent would just need to update it on their end via software or whatever.

The logistics of having 2 install types, one with in-house techs, one without, probably outweighs the benefits, but just an idea to throw out there.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

it's extremely easy to fix sync-no-surf on the Sagemcom, just ask TSI to have your profile switched.

IISPs also can't use their own techs for installs, the cable/phone company is responsible for it.

potato_IT

join:2013-06-20
Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
reply to Drecca

said by Drecca:

You'll have to get in line

Why doesn't TSI hire 2-3 techs in large urban areas, and have those techs do the physical installs for cable (doubt Bell would let anyone touch their remotes/dslams). Then the incumbent would just need to update it on their end via software or whatever.

This is because of the CRTC which doesn't allow 3rd party ISP's to touch the big guys infrastructure. Sad really

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to noshoes

Sigh, I guess this answers my recent questioning of horror stories in Quebec - »[Cable] Opinions with TSI on Vidéotron .

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union