·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink

Adding words to Spell Check

Can Justin add these words?

SCOTUS = Supreme Court Of The United States
POTUS = President Of The United States
FLOTUS = First Lady Of The United States

These are common acronyms used in international media and by members in these forums. They are not misspelled words for Scouts/Scots, Pots/Pouts or Floats/Flouts as Spell Check insists.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
Actually they're not words at all... and, according to Webster's Dictionary, they're abbreviations. I doubt there's any way spell check could, or should, recognize them as real words.
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
Reviews:
·iiNet
reply to linicx
I have a huge list of very commonly misspellings which people don't correct and they could be added to the side-list. It would take only a bit of work to add them but seriously what is wrong with browser spell checking do people really need the forum to offer spell check?

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
Truthfully, I have used and appreciated the forum spell check for so long I would sorely miss it. I hope you do not do remove it.

Yes, some of us really do need it. For instance I had a stroke about 1990. It was a long and frightening time before I could write a simple, grammatically correct sentence, or perform a simple math function. I still don't spell well and I still cannot use fractions beyond what is necessary in cooking. It is maddening as I was always an excellent math and grammar student. I still read with a dictionary at hand.

I had finished the NYT Sunday crossword puzzle when I went to sleep. When I woke up I could not spell cat or understand a simple five word sentence in a newspaper. This kind of brain scramble would devastate a scientist.

So I would lobby strenuously for keeping the forum spell check and adding to it. And I would lobby for adding common political terms like POTUS that is known internationally. It very much like HRH Prince William's KG and KT.
--

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
fair enough. I wasn't asking to remove it just wondering why people use it.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
Truthfully, I depend upon it. Much information is shared on DSLR. Anyone who wants to be heard in the threads can use it and should. Preview is priceless. The mistakes I don't see in the text box I see in the preview message before I post.
--