uniqs

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94

Re: Clutch proglems: Questions

I'd say "Watch your own damned house next time."

Sounds to me like one of them rides the clutch, which is far worse on it than whatever hot rodding you could do in an Accord.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

I used to drive a standard and drive a shitload, since I was a courier who used his own car, in Houston traffic. I consider myself a very good driver, for instance, I come to a complete stop at ss and lights, drive about 5-7 over the limit and never more, or the limit, observe limit signs for curves, and so forth. Before they left he told me that the clutch wasn't perfect, but now that I express concerns he claims he never had a problem, implying I've somehow screwed up. I do downshift (that was how I was taught to drive) is that what I'm doing wrong. I'm very very upset about this.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

Downshifting is fine unless you are doing it way too soon making the engine have to rev up a lot (4500 RPM/5000 RPM and higher) to match the trans speed of the lower gear. Also a factor is how long you let the clutch slip between shifts up and down. Excess slippage will wear the clutch disc out very quickly. If you smell the clutch then you are overheating it and it has a smell like overheated brakes/burnished brakes which means you are driving way too aggressive.

Now if the clutch is slipping under load or going up a hill in 4th or 5th then the clutch disc is worn out and there isn't much you can do except baby it until a new clutch can be installed. That assumes there is nothing wrong with the cable or hydraulic system (which ever it has).

Diagnose a Slipping Clutch in Your Car
»www.wikihow.com/Diagnose ··· Your-Car

Clutch Diagnosis & Repair
»www.aa1car.com/library/2 ··· 0459.htm
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge to No_Strings

Premium Member

to No_Strings
said by No_Strings:

I'd say "Watch your own damned house next time."