Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven

Re: Path of Exile

Ouch. I keep using the Alchemy's that I find on gear for myself, and so far have had some pretty good rolls on some of it.

My stash is full of 4/5 socket/linked items to Alchemy whenever I get the orbs and the characters to use them. I have 1 Chaos Orb as well I think, but no Exalted Orbs or anything else of great value. This of course is from 2 characters that haven't reached 50 yet, although I plan to tonight or tomorrow.

I've got to figure out which direction I'm going to go with my passives on my tank in about another 5 levels. There's several options, but I need to figure the order I'm going to take them in. Long as I keep slowly leveling, this guy will turn into a very powerful tank in his 80+ days and be a map beast. Hopefully with the passive reset, I can make my Ranger a little better at surviving in the process.

The new 62 unique seige axe, which I think is the best 1h weapon in game right now, runs like 4+ Exalted Orbs right now on Anarchy, and a lot higher with good rolls. It's going to be forever before I can afford my end-game gear. Hopefully, I'll get lucky and find a few things when I progress deeper into merciless.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Yea my goal is to find something worth a lot to kick start my wealth but it could be today or in 5 weeks before I find that piece.

My searing touch is only medium rolls or I would have 6 socketed it and tried to sell it.

pr1mo - What is your dmg for your swords? I have a couple at 1.5 ish attack speed with 100 dmg top ends but they aren't GREAT I didn't know where yours were in comparison. Mine only really have one of the 2 important phys mods.

Xioden
Premium Member
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY

Xioden

Premium Member

Best way to build wealth is to just make good use of the vendor recipes.

Pick up most blue/green/red linked items to sell from chromoatic orbs and any six slotted item for jeweller's orbs.

Superior equipment is good for whetstones/scraps early on (40% quality total = 1 whestone/scrap or 20% on a single item). I usually stop picking up lower quality items, but if I spot a 10-15%+ one I'll usually grab it. Otherwise they start taking up too much stash space for me.

Superior flasks work the same way, except give glassblower's baubles.

Superior skill gems work the same way and give a gemcutter's prism, except ~10% or higher are already worth a full gemcutter's prism, with 7-8% being worth around a chaos or two.

Probably the biggest money maker though is rares. 1 to 59 items give orbs of chance, 60-74 chaos orbs, 75 to 100 regal orbs. If they're all all unidentified and 20% quality you get 3x the currency, all unidentified or all 20% quality, you get 2x the currency, and if they're all just identified you get 1x the currency.

Especially that last recipe can make it easy to start farming currency through rares. So if you dedicate part of a stash tab to unid rares, once you get a full set you can get a decent bit of currency rather than ~1-2 transmutation/alterations. Since a chaos is worth about 4 alchs, you can even use an alch or 2 to finish off a full equipment set to make some quick profit.

Rares you don't use for that, you can get a nice collection of alterations going just by identifying them before you sell them. This also allows for some specific prefix/suffix recipes that offer additional alterations.