uniqs

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

HD Channel's

I have noticed that Mediacom seems to be lacking in the HD department (Well OK i've always known that with the analog channel's hanging around) but now that they are gone, When is Mediacom going to add HD versions of ALL of the family channel's?

Dish or Directv which may be an option for most people isn't an option for me due to most apartments won't allow them and i'd rather not be in a contract at my current place

Bierboy
join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

According to this -- »www.mediacomtoday-lineup ··· _ia.aspx
... you have 50+ HD channels available with the family package. That's not too shabby. And, yes, I'd like a few more here in the Quad Cities, too (such as TVLand and the Weather Channel). Some of the issues may be availability and carrier fees...I don't know.
zocor
join:2003-08-11
Roselawn, IN

zocor to IowaMan

to IowaMan
I too have noticed the lack in HD channels compared to other cable providers. Only around 40 in Northwest Indiana. I even pay for the HD pak and that is only 3 extra channels..used to be more but those were taken away.

anchortech15
@embarqhsd.net

anchortech15

Anon

I'm also in northwest indiana and just received a letter about the digital conversion. I have a few questions because of this. Currently I have the Local Plus TV and a relative of mine has the Family Pack. Questions are: If I currently use an analog tv on the Local Plus package do I have to get a box to get all of my channels? Can I switch to a digital tv or will I even lose any channel from 2-22? Are there any channels in addition to the locals on the family pack that will be available in HD with straight cable on a digital tv (No Box). Will boxes cost a monthly fee? Can I pick up boxes at the local office? What day does the switch actually occur??? The letter was very unclear. It mentioned several dates but did not tell me anything.

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios to IowaMan

to IowaMan
missing stuff like FSN+ in HD and Weather HD

anchortech15
@embarqhsd.net

anchortech15

Anon

I am still awaiting a response from a mediacom rep???

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello anchortech15, you can definitely send me a message and I'll look into this for you.
MediacomChad

MediacomChad to anchortech15

Premium Member

to anchortech15
I might be able to answer some of your questions here though. If you are using an analog television then you will either need to get a cable box through Mediacom which is $10.50 a month rental, you can also purchase your own cable box and rent a cablecard from us for $1.99 a month, another option would be to upgrade your TV to a digital ready (QAM) TV, lastly you can get a DTA from Mediacom these are normally 99 cents a month but throughout this transition process the fee will be waived. Mediacom send more letters out with more information as well as hold some in house workshops to explain these things to the customers in the area. In order to get HD channels you will need either an HD cable box from us, to purchase your own HD cable box and use our cablecard, or get a digital ready (QAM) TV that is also HD. If you are subscribed to any channel with Mediacom you will also get the HD version of it if it is available in your area, you'll just need the equipment. You can pick up boxes from your local office. As for the dates, without your account information I cannot look into exact dates for you. However the way this is traditionally handled is that there are transition dates to slowly move things over instead of it just being one massive change from analog to digital.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to zocor

to zocor
they should really have Comcast SportsNet Chicago Plus HD maybe even time shear it with CLTV HD like RCN does. OR just have it as comcast with it just an part time HD channel.

WOW is the only other area system that does not have Comcast SportsNet Chicago plus HD.

Bierboy
join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

said by Joe12345678:

they should really have Comcast SportsNet Chicago Plus HD maybe even time shear it with CLTV HD like RCN does. OR just have it as comcast with it just an part time HD channel.

WOW is the only other area system that does not have Comcast SportsNet Chicago plus HD.

That's strange since, here in the Quad Cities (150 miles west of Chicago) we DO get CSN+ HD....