Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459 to chevelleman

Premium Member

to chevelleman

Re: [HD] Get Ready for "Ultra-HDTV"

said by chevelleman:

My point was that even on a smaller screen you can still see the difference. If you have a smaller TV you sit closer to it.

LOL. That's not what you find in the real world. In the real world people are sitting like 7+ feet away from 32" TVs and wondering why their HD channels doesn't look much different from the SD channels, etc.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by SpHeRe31459:

said by chevelleman:

My point was that even on a smaller screen you can still see the difference. If you have a smaller TV you sit closer to it.

LOL. That's not what you find in the real world. In the real world people are sitting like 7+ feet away from 32" TVs and wondering why their HD channels doesn't look much different from the SD channels, etc.

Yeah, except that (usually) the picture on the HD channels fills the whole screen (i.e., in 16:9 widescreen format).
chevelleman
join:2009-05-15
Troutdale, OR

chevelleman to SpHeRe31459

to SpHeRe31459
said by SpHeRe31459:

said by chevelleman:

Haha! Very true.