Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One to rolande

Premium Member

to rolande

Re: New Set Top Box firmware rollout

said by rolande:

According to the list of fixes I saw on a Tech's iPad for this code release, there are over 150 bug fixes and new features.

For which specific version? Can you share the link?

I flipped on the TV right before midnight last night, and within a few minutes it said it wanted to do an upgrade so I let it run. After this upgrade my details are:
Motorola VIP 1216 / 297
TV2 Client Version 2.2.28163.10

(I see other people talking about having 2.2.28163.20 so I'm confused.)

I do notice the blue light actually goes off when the TV goes off, so I seem to have gotten that fix.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by Wily_One:

said by rolande:

According to the list of fixes I saw on a Tech's iPad for this code release, there are over 150 bug fixes and new features.

For which specific version? Can you share the link?

I flipped on the TV right before midnight last night, and within a few minutes it said it wanted to do an upgrade so I let it run. After this upgrade my details are:
Motorola VIP 1216 / 297
TV2 Client Version 2.2.28163.10

(I see other people talking about having 2.2.28163.20 so I'm confused.)

I do notice the blue light actually goes off when the TV goes off, so I seem to have gotten that fix.

My VIP1200 that just got the update has 2.2.28163.10

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande to Wily_One

MVM,

to Wily_One
said by Wily_One:

For which specific version? Can you share the link?....

I don't have a link. The tech was reading an internal service bulletin on his iPad in front of me. I should have asked if he could email me the list. I do know there were quite a few fixes to the menu display and resolution formatting. There was at least one related to the media streaming client software and an upgrade to the WindowsCE OS.

If your blue light is off when you turn the STB off, then you got the most recent firmware update that includes the other ~149 fixes.