spc
Search similar:

uniqs

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to TheMG

to TheMG

Re: [Rant] Bank of America 1 stupid decision

"as it probably wasn't the stores fault anyways, could have been just an employee"

You must not read these forums all that often. This would absolutely be the fault of the store because they secretly do these things to harm the consumer. Oh well that would at least be true if it was done by a service provider.

For those who fail to get it this is sarcasm.
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN to TheMG

Premium Member

to TheMG
said by TheMG:

The only thing BMO did wrong IMHO is that they never called me to inform me they had cancelled the card. First declined transaction I just assumed there was a problem with the store's system or something, then a couple weeks later (I don't use my debit card often), another declined transaction, that's when I decided it wasn't a fluke and called BMO. Sure enough, they had cancelled the card, and made no apparent effort to try to contact me and inform me.

Bad form from BMO. I had RBC credit and debit cards cancelled. They have always tried to contact me immediately. My only pet peeve on their procedure is that they'll leave a message on my voicemail, identify themselves as being from RBC Security department and leave a number to call them back. That number is not listed in their web page. I usually call the general CS number and they get annoyed at having to transfer the call. I tried to explain to them that there is no way I'm calling a number if I can't verify it.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG

Premium Member

said by AsherN:

My only pet peeve on their procedure is that they'll leave a message on my voicemail, identify themselves as being from RBC Security department and leave a number to call them back. That number is not listed in their web page. I usually call the general CS number and they get annoyed at having to transfer the call. I tried to explain to them that there is no way I'm calling a number if I can't verify it.

I would do the same thing.

I will ALWAYS call the number on the back of the card, no other number.

Eyeballs
Premium Member
join:2000-04-25
Worcester, MA

Eyeballs to billydunwood

Premium Member

to billydunwood
They did the same to me a few months ago. Shut down my debit card due to suspicious/fraudulent activity, but could not specify what the activity was. Then took 5 days to mail me a new one. A bit inconvenient. Had to use my credit card until I received the new one.