spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lyramisu
join:2007-06-30
Atlanta, GA

lyramisu

Atnex outage/flaky connections? July 2013

I've gotten used to having a brief DSL hiccup a couple of times a week with Atnex, but my connection has been in and out nonstop since Thursday. I called over the weekend, and when they returned my call this morning (Monday) they said it was an AT&T problem, and they had been given a 24-hour window to resolve. This didn't really make sense to me, since the problem as I described it to support started on Thursday, not Sunday.

It's an intermittent problem. My connection drops in and out for a few minutes at a time. All lights on the modem are green regardless of whether the connection is up or down, and all lights on my wifi router are normal. The problems occur whether I am on my wireless network, plugged in to the router, or plugged in to the DSL modem that was provided to me by Atnex. It happens regardless of what device I am using to try to connect to the Internet. Everything has been power cycled, reset and reconnected. I can connect, so I know the login is correct.

When using my wireless router (Cisco WRT160Nv2) and the connection is offline, when I access the router in my browser, the login status reads as “connecting”, with the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway all showing as 0.0.0.0 until the connection re-establishes. After a while, I get an error which reads, “Can not get an IP address from the PPPoE server.” When I eventually reconnect, the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway all fill in as normal until the connection goes down again.

If I am plugged directly into the modem, I can connect, but the connection still drops. Network Connection in OS X tries to connect for a while and then gives me an error that reads, “Could not find a PPPoE server.”

Anyone else having problems? Any ideas?