join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

Android market is down

Does any body know what's up?

GeekNJ
Premium
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ
Do you mean »play.google.com/store ? It's up and redesigned. I haven't had an issue getting to it at all.

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
»market.android.com/store?utm_sou···d+market

No this one the link the android phones need to complete syncing after ROM upgrades. Gapps is not able to complete until it comes back up.
--
Iphone. Helping computer illiteracy become popular since 2007

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to GeekNJ
The Google Play store is open for business and yes it has a new UI.
No listed app permissions !!
»play.google.com/store

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
reply to PeeWee
FINALLY!! A MY APPS PAGE SHOWING ALL MY APPS..Only took them forever!

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to PeeWee
Apparently the link above from my bookmarks no longer works and my discovery of this coincided with my discovery that my phone would no longer sync. After waiting for a while and trying again it works as it should. Whatever.
--

GeekNJ
Premium
Waldwick, NJ
The market.android.com link you posted above still returns a 404 so it must have been something else.

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
Agreed. everything is working as it should now so I guess there is no need for concern. Changed the shortcut in my book marks.
--

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN
kudos:1
reply to PeeWee
Looks like windows 8 puked on it.

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
reply to PeeWee
what a piece of junk! Use up all screen real estate with blank rectangles. Keeps timing out too. just junk.

GeekNJ
Premium
Waldwick, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
I read some articles today that indicated chrome, opera and another browser should see significant performance improvements vs IE and FF which don't support a new image type yet. If you have Chrome installed see if you notice it being faster.

Also reported is the My Apps implementation in this first new release shows every app across all devices and is slow.
--
Tweaked your connection? | Mail Parse | Speed Converter

beck
Premium,MVM
On The Road
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com
said by GeekNJ:

I read some articles today that indicated chrome, opera and another browser should see significant performance improvements vs IE and FF which don't support a new image type yet. If you have Chrome installed see if you notice it being faster.

Also reported is the My Apps implementation in this first new release shows every app across all devices and is slow.

Yes. So the question is, why put out such crap if the old one worked? At least better than this one.

Google, keep the crap to yourself. I want stuff that works.
--
Damn spy drones!
They are interfering
with my sun spots.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
reply to PeeWee
Checking Google Play Store in my Android and looking at "My Apps" I found those two listed as Installed:
• Hangouts (replaces Talk)
• Picasa Uploader
WHF?

I've never installed them. There is no any of those apps in my Apps list. Moreover, the first one (Hangouts) indicates that "Your device isn't compatible with this version"... But nevertheless, it's listed in Google Play Store as installed.

Are they so disparate to see them installed in all phones or what?
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
That would probably be 'Talk' instead.

GeekNJ
Premium
Waldwick, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to OZO
If I go to My Apps ( »play.google.com/apps ) I see things I have previously downloaded but not necessarily on my current device. I've had multiple Android phones now and it lists apps across all of them. For me it isn't representing installed on my current phone. Did you have multiple phones?

Another reason might be it was pre-installed on your phone. If you don't currently show it, did you root and remove it?

Just some guesses, not that I know what's going on behind the scenes.
--
Tweaked your connection? | Mail Parse | Speed Converter

south1178
Premium
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH
reply to PeeWee
I never trust the website. It says I have apps installed that I can prove I don't.

OZO
Premium
reply to GeekNJ
In the list of "ALL" those two apps listed as "INSTALLED", not "FREE" or something else. They are not pre-installed on the phone and it's the only phone I use.

Its not a problem, as I'm sure that they are not on the phone. But because they're listed there as "INSTALLED" there is no 'X' link to remove them from the list. I guess it's a some kind of a "mild" advertisement, creating unnecessary confusion...
--

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
You're right. the list as it is now is useless. and wrong.

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
Strange. My Play store is fine, and nothing shows as installed if it was not (Nexus 4).

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to OZO
hangouts would be listed as installed as most phones come with google talk installed as standard. they eventually replaced google talk with hangouts but os wise, it was just an app update and not a new install.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

beck
Premium,MVM
On The Road
reply to PeeWee
So, I'm trying to use this thing online and the phone. How/where do you see permissions for an app? I just can't find it.

GeekNJ
Premium
Waldwick, NJ
Try going to Install and you will see it. You don't need to continue to the actual install. See if that works.

beck
Premium,MVM
On The Road
reply to PeeWee
That does work. How weird they are hiding permissions. I want to know before I even try. Sometimes if looking for a type of app, permissions are the deciding factor. Pain you have to try to install first.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
How are they hiding anything? Just the steps involved

Don't like what you see don't accept and cancel.
M$ and Crapple never event tell you at all

/
--

beck
Premium,MVM
On The Road
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com
reply to PeeWee
Well, they used to have a permissions tab so you could see them. This new interface leaves much to be desired. I could do my shopping before with the pc and send to my phone. Now I have to shop on the phone no matter what to see permissions.

what MS does or doesn't do is not the point here. Android is not MS and I'm glad.

Seeing permissions easily was removed. It's like shopping for a car and can't see mpg until you sign the purchase papers. If I want a purchased app, I have to BUY it to see the permissions. Oh but then maybe I don't like that and I have to return it. What a frigging pain!
--
Damn spy drones!
They are interfering
with my sun spots.

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
Thanks, Beck. Just checked in the store, and you're right. What a goof ball move on Google's part to not show the permissions tab anymore. When the heck did this change? It must have been very recently.
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

OZO
Premium
reply to PeeWee
Guys, I've noticed that Android apps start updating without any notifications or asking for my permission to update. How to stop that?

I remember Android Market had an option - update automatically (or something like that), which I always kept unchecked for that matter. Now I can't find place where I can stop automatic updated.
--

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
Go into the Play store, hit the 3 dots, and go to Settings.

OZO
Premium
Juggernaut See Profile, thank you. I made more thorough research and I found the setting and it's global (even if you set it within a particular app page, not only from My Apps page).

If it's set globally to allow (perhaps that's what somehow happened in my phone), there is no any indication in any app of its current auto-update status. The only way to see it is to try to set it again. And only in this case you'll get a temporary notification that it will or it will not be updated automatically...

It's the worst UI for the task. With earlier versions of Market (now Play) I remember that I can clearly see the status for each app installed...
--

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN
reply to PeeWee
downloadcom.android.···.apk.zip 3,953,275 bytes
4.2.9 Market Update.
If you haven't received the 4.2.9 update here it is..