Search similar:

uniqs
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

PJL

Provider Sign In Broken -- AGAIN

I attempted to sign into HBOGo, received the Verizon provider sign in page, entered the correct user name and password, and got the screen indicating an SSO error. So I checked WatchESPN and Showtime Anytime (all to which I subscribe) and get the same error. This has happened to others in the past, and one or two services to me, but now all like now. The error is on Verizon's side, not HBO, ESPN or Showtime. The authentication/subscription is clearly broken as the authentication itself works fine. Can't Verizon get this right? It breaks all the time!

The sign in is broken with browser access and Android app access. I'm reading that Apple TV, Xbox, etc. are all broken too.

JustMe
@verizon.net

JustMe

Anon

Whew. Thought it was just me. Guess I can understand why more apps (like watchABC) aren't available for FIOS customers. Usually it works fine for me, but when it doesn't (like tonight) it's very annoying.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

Confirming I can't log in to Watch CNN, HBO GO, MAX GO, NBC Sports Live Extra either from VHO7.
Watch ESPN on computer and phone have me still logged in.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Their app wasn't working on the iPad either yesterday, and I was also unable to schedule recordings from a computer.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin

Went through a few more screens then normal, but did sign on for me here in Florida.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to PJL

Premium Member

to PJL
I ran into the same issue on my laptop last night.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

SSO is alive this morning. Since this is rocket science.....not.....
Reyr
join:2009-01-03
Wilmington, DE

Reyr to PJL

to PJL
This happens once a month for me...when I usually sign in..I use my sign on that I use for paying my bill at verizon.com. I've discovered though that when this happens, my log on to my verizon email is what it wants. I found this out by accident. It happened on one occasion and I called into verizon to get answers. They told me what my logon should be...I NEVER use my verizon email. So I didn't even know the logon. Any rate, so normally I use my billing logon to access these streaming services...but when it goes haywire once a month, I will switch the to my verizon email log on. Try it next time it goes haywire.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by Reyr:

This happens once a month for me...when I usually sign in..I use my sign on that I use for paying my bill at verizon.com. I've discovered though that when this happens, my log on to my verizon email is what it wants. I found this out by accident. It happened on one occasion and I called into verizon to get answers. They told me what my logon should be...I NEVER use my verizon email. So I didn't even know the logon. Any rate, so normally I use my billing logon to access these streaming services...but when it goes haywire once a month, I will switch the to my verizon email log on. Try it next time it goes haywire.

The process that broke was not the authentication process -- I was able to authenticate properly. it was Verizon's process that the verifies a valid subscription for the service after authentication occurs. My MyVerizon.com account and my email account are one and the same -- they were merged several years ago. So thanks for your suggestion, but for me it doesn't seem to apply.
Hooper
Premium Member
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO

Hooper to PJL

Premium Member

to PJL
Speaking of which. I cancelled HBO over a month ago and the XBOX app still lets me login and watch shows. No complaints here as it seems to bypass the Verizon authentication scheme.