TSI Outages
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

1 edit

[Cable] [OUTAGES]July 16th 2013

Hello,

We are currently experiencing RF signal issues in the Toronto area on the Greensboro POI and in Ottawa on the Richmond POI. We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible.

We thank you for your patience,

Taunia

meki

join:2006-07-15
Montreal, QC

Is there an outage in Montreal downtown area?

Kev
TekSavvy.com
Premium
join:2005-06-12
canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by meki:

Is there an outage in Montreal downtown area?

There was an outage at 2am.
--
Teksavvy.com + 300GB Bandwidth awesomeness!

meki

join:2006-07-15
Montreal, QC

Strange since this morning I can't get an ip.

-All modem lights are on.
-Did full/hard reset of the modem.

Nothing

Heuvje

@rogers.com
reply to TSI Outages

Ottawa fallowfield seems to have just gone down.

mgomez

join:2008-01-28
Vanier, ON
reply to TSI Outages

My Upstream light was blinking slowly this morning but I did have a connection. It is usually solid green.

Not sure if this helps.

St Laurent POI.
DCM 475

wooffy

join:2012-09-01
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Outages

We lost internet last night around 10pm - St. Laurent PIO in Ottawa.

We have a connection, and a ping resolves a domain to an IP, but we get 100% packet loss.

(Can someone from TSI please see my post in the direct forum, thanks.)

yong_sa9

join:2004-01-24
Etobicoke, ON
reply to TSI Outages

Hello!

Is Scarlett POI (Etobicoke) included in this outage too? Flashing SEND light on my Motorola Docsis 2 modem. TV Seems to be working fine too.

Also, is this just a Cable outage or is DSL affected too?

Thanks so much.

yong_sa

Xinef

join:2007-07-17
North York, ON
reply to TSI Outages

Greensboro continues to get no love. =(
Internet works, just websites load slowly, or timeout.

TSI Outages
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Outages

Hello Everyone,

The signal issue on the Greensboro POI has been resolved, Please power cycle your modem if you are still not online.

The signal issue in Ottawa on the Richmond POI however is still ongoing. We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible.

We thank you for your patience,

Thank you
TSI Shawn S

Bastich

join:2009-07-05
reply to TSI Outages

Can you confirm signal issues at the Ottawa Fallowfield POI as well? We've been having intermittent disconnections for the last 2 days now.

TSI ShawnS
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
kudos:4

Hello Bastich,

There are no reported issues for the Fallowfield POI. A POI outage is only deemed an outage only if more than 5 customers report having the same issue. Have you submitted a ticket regarding the issue you are having?

Thank you
TSI Shawn S
--
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Bastich

join:2009-07-05

Will do. Usually I'm the last to find out these things.
B)

Dissillusion

@zerofail.net
reply to TSI Outages

Richmond POI, thompson 475 , I have had DNS server communication issues since yesterday. As of this morning, even changing my DNS settings to 8.8.8.8, 2.2.2.2, 8.8.4.4 doesn't even work anymore. Modem reset doesn't help any.
Checking channel bonding forward path has only 5 channels bonded @ 256 QAM, 7.6 dBmV, 39.0dB. Return path has 4 channels bonded @ 16 QAM, 37.0 dBmV.

Bonus Question: why has connectivity in the last few months with Teksavvy hit an all time low? Who is responsible here, Rogers or Teksavvy? And why? Seems that direct Rogers customers aren't having these issues!

Notagiant

join:2013-07-17
Nepean, ON

Glad to hear that someone else is having the exact same issue as me AND went through the same sanity checks to get nowhere. I've tried all sorts of DNS workarounds and I have made no progress. I was up and running at 11PM last night (July 16th) with no issues but it was down at 6AM on the 17th.

Bells Corners (Richmond POI), thompson 475

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to Dissillusion

Our systems are *not* the source of nearly all of those problems.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

2 edits

We just got a report back that there is a fiber cut between York Mills and Markham and it's causing the backhaul link (aggregated TPIA) + the Richmond POI (disaggregated) to go down.

Be because this one ATPIA backhaul is down. We're trying to understand who is being affected by this. We have removed the static routing pointing to that link however the return path from Rogers is still pointing to the downed link... So routing is broken for all those on Aggregated it seems right now.

--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Abattoir

join:2008-03-27
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Outages

I'm on the Richmond POI. I didn't notice any issues last night, but perhaps it was fixed by the time I got home. No connectivity this morning. Tried power cycling the modem, full sync with no problems. I get an external IP address. No connection whatsoever. Writing this on my smartphone via 3G.

Nosnhoj

join:2008-01-21
L1t
reply to TSI Outages

Is this impacting Ajax/Pickering as well? I can't get a connection this morning.

reply to Notagiant

Having exact same issue as Notagiant.

Everything worked well as of last nigh 10:30 PM. Not working this morning. Reset modem a few times, but no love. Laptop and phones are showing that the signal is there and strong but there doesn't seem to be any data transfer.

Located on Rivergreen Crescent in Bridlewood

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Marc

To boot. It looks like somehow we are the only ATPIA affected by this.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

steeldriver

join:2011-10-14
Ottawa, ON
reply to Quescequefak

Out for me as well this morning. I'm about a block from Richmond Road.

Dissillusion

@zerofail.net
reply to TSI Marc

Hi Marc, and thanks for the reply. I would think that you are just as frustrated as we are. Is there not some avenue to hold the responsible party to account on this recurring connectivity issue? It is obvious that their direct clients are not subjected to this as we are. Customer loss will be the result for TSI.

Tremaine

@cna.com
reply to TSI Marc

you may wanna check out the Bloor POI as well because I was having signal issues this morning.

tomdonbo

join:2012-12-06
Kanata, ON
reply to TSI Outages

We are out in Bridlewood (Fallowfield POI).

Modem looks like it is synched up, but no connection.

m1k_3

join:2007-09-25
reply to TSI Outages

I posted this in the thread that I created. For those of you that have a VPN service from another provider you can try access points until you find one that works. I have a service from privateinternetaccess and am able to connect to France. At least I have a functioning internet connection.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to tomdonbo

Anybody on aggregated would be having problems right now as the 7 ten gig backhaul links.. one of them is down and there is ECMP routing setup across all of them. So if one link is down, all the traffic trying to get sent through that link.. Will not make it.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Dissillusion

I don't know. Very frustrated right now.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Notagiant

join:2013-07-17
Nepean, ON

We really appreciate the feedback, Marc. Keep up the good work and I'll keep spreading the good word for Teksavvy.

Velocity
Premium
join:2006-10-27
Cambridge, ON
reply to TSI Outages

Could this be effecting the Kitchener/Cambridge area as well?