uniqs

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

2 recommendations

EGeezer

Premium Member

Scavenger Hunt #204- -July 16 through August 1 -Beatles!

I thought I'd try something a little bit different that just about anyone should have fun with.

We all know (and most love) the Beatles. They recorded hundreds of songs during their time together. So, be inspired from their creativity and find;

an image that represents one of the Beatles' songs.

The list to use is here; »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li ··· _Beatles

Please Post the song title in the subject line with your image. It it's too long for the subject line, include the title in your message portion of your post.

And of course the usual rules apply:

• No larger than 1024 pixels on the longest side.

• Photos must be taken during the hunt time frame.

• No archived photos allowed.

• You may post as many entries as you wish.

• The winner may host the next hunt.

Enjoy! If this works out, it will be a really tough one for me to select the winner.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

2 recommendations

vaxvms

Premium Member

Here Comes The Sun

Click for full size
Panasonic DMC-SZ1
4.5mm 1/1000th F9 ISO100

Here comes the sun

altermatt
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY

1 recommendation

altermatt to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer

Re: Scavenger Hunt #204- -July 16 through August 1 -Beatles!

Dang! I thought this was a GREAT topic and was thinking of all kinds of creative possibilities, and the time just got away from me. I really would hate to see Scavenger Hunts go away for lack of participation, but wonder, considering relatively low participation rates lately, if maybe monthly hunts might work better? At any rate, it doesn't seem to be the topics that limit participation, but just life getting in the way .

EGeezer
Premium Member
Midwest

EGeezer

Premium Member

said by altermatt:

... considering relatively low participation rates lately, if maybe monthly hunts might work better? At any rate, it doesn't seem to be the topics that limit participation, but just life getting in the way .

Good point!

I'd extend it, but I think it would be unfair to vaxvms See Profile who submitted a very nice image that fits the subject.

I was disappointed by the lack of participation, but the image vaxvms See Profile submitted is a prime example of the subject.

It's an iconic scene we've all encountered, and conveys the happy anticipation suggested by the title.

Little darling
The smiles returning to the faces
Little darling
It seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun Here comes the sun, and I say It's all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes ...

I hope he agrees to host and perhaps make it a monthly hunt. I hereby grant executive decision-making privilege to him on that matter (whether I'm authorized to do so or not).

orion940
Attractive like a magnet
Premium Member
join:2001-12-23
Windsor, CT

1 recommendation

orion940

Premium Member

I apologize for not putting up an entry. The time came and went, and I just... FWIW, I did think of lining up a bunch of pennies and making it look like the mini Oscar Meyer WeinerMobile ninknack I have was driving down Penny Lane.

O.

EGeezer
Premium Member
Midwest

EGeezer

Premium Member

said by orion940:

I apologize for not putting up an entry. The time came and went, and I just... FWIW, I did think of lining up a bunch of pennies and making it look like the mini Oscar Meyer WeinerMobile ninknack I have was driving down Penny Lane.

O.

That would have been a neat idea.

I don't think there's any rules about the new host keeping the same topic if he or she so chooses.

robs440
Premium Member
join:2003-06-26
Orlando, FL

robs440 to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer
i don't care for the Beatles so i wouldn't have had anything decent to put up.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

1 recommendation

darcilicious

Premium Member

Though in reality, the artist has little to do with the idea of the scavenger hunt, which was song titles (and a link to all of them was posted). They could have just as easily been from Led Zepplin songs or what have you...

By the way, I thought this was a great idea, I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to partake, I was on vacation and then returned to loads of work

b8264d
Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there?
Premium Member
join:2013-03-12
Weld, ME

b8264d to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer
I keep forgetting about the scavenger hunts. These songs gave me some pretty neat ideas, would have been nice if I could have been able to get some models to help me. ;o)

altermatt
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY

altermatt to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer
We getting a new one from vaxvms? Promise to check sooner than a few days before the end .

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
Polar Park

vaxvms to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer
I'm going on a trip soon and I want to be here when the hunt ends so I'm not going to create a new hunt right away. Unless folks want to make it a 7 day hunt.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

1 recommendation

darcilicious

Premium Member

How about one for the entire month of August?

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
Polar Park

1 recommendation

vaxvms

Premium Member

My thought was to have it go from mid-August to mid-September.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to EGeezer

to EGeezer
I'll vote for a month long. I miss these things all the time.
I don't carry my camera much. I ate my fourth or fifth clammy platter today and finally got a photo.
Day late, dollar short.
krazyboi
Premium Member
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX

krazyboi to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer
Like others, I had an idea, just didn't get a chance to capture it... I vote for the month long hunts....

orion940
Attractive like a magnet
Premium Member
join:2001-12-23
Windsor, CT

orion940

Premium Member

Same, once a month. It would give us time to do better .

O.
System

to EGeezer

Anon

to EGeezer
System Post
this topic has been un-stickied by tmpchaos See Profile