said by Neotoma : 17 Years !
As so many of you seem to be, I'm desperate to get out of Yahoo mail, and am scrambling for a reasonable alternative. I've been with them for about 17 years and it's time to bug out. Gmail creeps me out, Microsoft is... well, Microsoft. Etc.
I was guessing that I had been with Yahoo for 15, as the front part of my email address predates the year 2000, but it might have been the same front part which I used while with Netscape just prior to Yahoo.My issues with Yahoo are threefold
, and stated in above and in other threads in more detail, so I will summarize :
(1) Their new user interface - wasted space, only half as many messages in view at once, ETC
(Details, see above post) »Re: Alternatives to Yahoo's Free WebMail - Pros & Cons
(2) Their new ToS (mostly the scanning of our messages), and which is joined at the hip with (1)
»Yahoo email forced upgrade (again)
»Yahoo to Users: Let Us Read Your Emails or -- Goodbye!
(3) Nonexistent live person online webform customer service (just BOTs, and poor ones at that) when recently trying to solve a problem which WAS in the end of THEIR doing, likely in the efforts to parallel operate the old and new user interfaces at their servers
»Yahoo's 'Create Extra Email Address' link seems BrokenHowever, I too have objections to each of the other mainstream choices.Microsoft's new online Outlook.com interface
(1) is not as good as their old one either, and
(2) its ads, while not flash-based, still use up any and all unused system resources to max out my CPU, while sitting idle at my inbox page on a test account during the past few weeks.
Details : ~> »Re: Google's GMail
(1) scans our emails like Yahoo will (apparently Google always did), AND
(2) they nag me to upgrade my browser. - I have reasons to keep using what I use, but there is no way to make the nag STFU.
It turns out that I had an GMail account from using their online APPs last year, but they never told me so at the time, so I have been testing them too.
GMail's 'Labels' trick is kind of neat, though.
said by Neotoma :
Have any of you ever used Zoho.com ? ....
I know nothing of Zoho
, and will investigate. - Thanks for the tip/idea.