uniqs

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

[Thunderbird] Search function

Does the search toolbar work well for others in Thunderbird (v17.x.x - it says it's up to date) ? It appears to be very unreliable for me....

On a daily basis, I can perform a search and it finds nothing when what I'm looking for really is there. For example, I want to find an email I sent to a person some time ago and I know their last name. Input it, search and no results found. If I then manually look through the folders, I can eventually find it ... kinda defeats the purpose of the tool though.

Even better, I know someone's email address, I type it in the box and it finds a matching address (that means it's collected that address from an email I've sent previously). Tell it to search or show me results and again, nothing gets found. That example seems to suggest something is really broken.

IndianaGuy
@comcast.net

IndianaGuy

Anon

I'm using Version 17.0.7 and everything seems to work. If I search 'EDIT', 'FIND', 'Messages' and look for the word 'Adult' in 'Subject', 'Contains' , I get one message (Allergra adult allergy tablets from Amazon). Not what ya thought? LOL

Just watch the settings or you may be looking in the wrong folder such as a junk and I always include 'subfolders'.

Hope this helps...

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

I've always used the search box in the main window's toolbar. I presume it works the same but I'll have to try it with the method you gave.

FWIW, when typing in the search toolbar, it will pop-up "Messages containing (search term here)" so it should be the same. We'll see !