Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Org

join:2009-09-13
Reviews:
·Montrose Mutual

Help me pick: Cellular fixed internet vs WISP

My current (cheap/small) wisp has reliably issues so I'm going be getting a new ISP.

I have 2 options:

»www.cellular1.net/plandetails.as···wireless
*My phone gets 3-4 bars inside my home (H icon think that's some kind of 3g-4g)
*Can't legally tether (test on games) but video's and webpages seem to load fine

»www.bspeedy.com/pricing.html
*Towers 3 miles away with clear LOS

Price wise their about the same. The wisp offers higher speed but I'm just going for the 3mb/faster(3mb) option.

Going be used for netflix and gaming +50gb/mo. Is one better then the other for my use or about the same?

raytaylor

join:2009-07-28
kudos:1
"Unlimited usage does not mean unreasonable usage"

In the cellular world, that typically means less than 10gb a month.

Org

join:2009-09-13
Reviews:
·Montrose Mutual
reply to Org
Called the WISP the towers built but not running. Told me to call next month.

I talked to the Cellular awhile back it sounded like the "unreasonable usage" part was only aimed at people who stream/download the most (no set GB/mo cut off) like +60% of the day every day but I'll ask about it again next time I'm in town.

wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD
reply to Org
said by Org:

Going be used for netflix and gaming +50gb/mo.

sounded like the "unreasonable usage" part was only aimed at people who stream/download the most

raytaylor

join:2009-07-28
reply to Org
said by Org See Profile

Going be used for netflix and gaming +50gb/mo. Is one better then the other for my use or about the same?
[/BQUOTE :

There is some misconception that 50gb a month isnt much, when it actually is. The WISP would be the better option as they are more likley to keep you on as a customer.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to Org
Other than Sprint, I don't see a cellular company allowing 50GB per month. Some WISPs won't be too eager to invite that type of traffic, specifically Netflix, either. As mentioned, 50GB per month is quite a bit for a shared wireless medium. I would go with the WISP though and try to do game updates and downloads off peak time.
Expand your moderator at work

ionamartin12

join:2013-06-03
reply to silbaco

Re: Help me pick: Cellular fixed internet vs WISP

I used 50GB per month in a shared wireless medium.It should be small in usage.