robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to iLearn

Mod

to iLearn

Re: Ladder Stand-off Question

Because they don't give any information on it. What is the ladder rating that it is safe to use with. How much weight does it support. I don't buy cheap, flimsy ladders. I don't want my ladder to fail because I used some cheap product that wasn't designed for it. Why don't they post any specs? NO specs -- that's why I wouldn't use it but perhaps they have specs that they haven't published. That's why I suggest contacting the manufacturer.

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

tp0d

Premium Member

No way I would ever use ladder standoffs, unless possibly at a customers house.. Too unpredictable, too far away from the roof surface

I have a 25ft high roof with box gutters I clean at least once a year. I have a porch roof I use to get up to the 2nd floor roof, which has a regular gutter.. I added 6 extra gutter nails (heavy duty 7" screws with reinforcement) in the location where I put the ladder to reinforce the gutter and prevent bowing or damage.

As for OT replies, its the norm here. Get used to it.

-j
iLearn
join:2013-01-16
canada

iLearn to robbin

to robbin
said by robbin:

Because they don't give any information on it. What is the ladder rating that it is safe to use with. How much weight does it support. I don't buy cheap, flimsy ladders. I don't want my ladder to fail because I used some cheap product that wasn't designed for it. Why don't they post any specs? NO specs -- that's why I wouldn't use it but perhaps they have specs that they haven't published. That's why I suggest contacting the manufacturer.

Make sense.