join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to McLovins

to McLovins

Re: OMG this stuff is metered!

said by McLovins :

they in turn remain ignorant

Pot --> Kettle.
I have consciously and purposefully avoided city-dwelling for the last 29 years. During my overall 65 years I've managed to garner 3 post-grad degrees as well, and vote Republican at every opportunity. So you'll likely also find it "crazy" that I do consider your "Occupy" mindset insulting

//greg//
Liberty
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Arizona

Liberty

Premium Member

Hello Greg
I don't think you are being fair with your occupy comment:
"So you'll likely also find it "crazy" that I do consider your "Occupy" mindset insulting"

The OP may be a bit kooky but it is a rather large leap to the 'occupy mindset'

I frequently encounter kooks who feverishly subscribe to the status quo and don't automatically associate them with 'dittohead mindsets'
We need to get along and help where we can...and shut up where we can't

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

said by McLovins :

WOW... It isn't like the 3rd world, it is the 3rd world. I always wondered why poor people out in the rural parts of the country voted Republican...I guess that fits into their free market mentality. Rape them as much as they can, as long as they can....

Buzz phrases lifted right out of the "Occupy for Idiots" manual

//greg//
Liberty
Premium Member
Arizona

Liberty

Premium Member

link please

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

Honestly? You need to send out a search party to help locate your sense of humor !! Will this one do? »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ru ··· Radicals

//greg//
Liberty
Premium Member
Arizona

Liberty

Premium Member

I gave up heavy drinking many years ago so it is unlikely i will be able to stumble across the place where I could locate the humor in that comment

My loss I guess...
Liberty

Liberty to grohgreg

Premium Member

to grohgreg
Thanks for the link, it is terrific!
I particularly enjoyed:
Additionally, the methods taken from Rules for Radicals have also been prevalent in modern, American politics. Newt Gingrichs most recent primary campaign was noted for featuring strong elements of Alinskys organizing techniques

Also Rule #5 is of particular interest:
Ridicule is mans most potent weapon.
It is well used by a wide range of the political spectrum and the primary MO of talk radio, in my view...