uniqs
share rss forum feed

jab777
Premium
join:2013-07-08
Aldie, VA

2 edits

Extreme 305 signup help

I am interested in signing up for Extreme 305 over Metro Ethernet fiber in my area of Northern Virginia. I know the fiber is being run under my neighborhood street for mobile backhaul. I am having difficulty finding a Comcast representative who is knowledgeable on the subject and able to assist with a new Extreme 305 account. An enterprise account rep tried to convince me that Extreme 305 is only available over coaxial cable, and the construction department had no knowledge of the fiber plant.

Please PM me if you can help.

Thank you.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:6

1 recommendation

Re: [Business] Extreme 305 signup help

You can try PMing jlivingood See Profile at Comcast, his team does the engineering work for Extreme 305 installs.

See: »Getting 305/65

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
reply to jab777

Just fwiw, Extreme 305 is a residential tier even though it's essentially their business infrastructure.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
reply to jab777

It' will be interesting to see if they can service you out there, Aldie is hardly a Metropolis like setting.

A T

join:2000-07-30
reply to jab777

telcodad pointed to one of the great resources from Comcast who is a regular here. I just went through a similar exercise as I had shown an interest, received feedback that it looks doable, but not quite ready for residential implementation in my area. Maybe you can reach out and request their input.

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:77
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

You can try PMing jlivingood See Profile at Comcast

This is correct ping Livingood, if he doesn't respond not likely.. but if he doesn't PM me your contact info I will forward it on to the correct contacts.
--
Comcaster.. Network Engineer with NETO

jab777
Premium
join:2013-07-08
Aldie, VA

1 recommendation

reply to jab777

Re: Extreme 305 signup help

Thanks for all the help. I spoke with Carl on the E305 Team who assessed that "the map" does not yet reflect the new fiber installation I observed. I was advised to call back in a couple of months after the map is updated to see if a survey can be requested. If a survey were requested now, it would be kicked back because I am not within close enough proximity to existing fiber.

The key to getting to the right department from the 800 number seems to be to ask for the "E305 Team."