TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Dissillusion

Premium Member

to Dissillusion

Re: [Cable] [OUTAGES]July 16th 2013

Our systems are *not* the source of nearly all of those problems.
TSI Marc

2 edits

TSI Marc

Premium Member

We just got a report back that there is a fiber cut between York Mills and Markham and it's causing the backhaul link (aggregated TPIA) + the Richmond POI (disaggregated) to go down.

Be because this one ATPIA backhaul is down. We're trying to understand who is being affected by this. We have removed the static routing pointing to that link however the return path from Rogers is still pointing to the downed link... So routing is broken for all those on Aggregated it seems right now.

Dissillusion
@zerofail.net

Dissillusion to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
Hi Marc, and thanks for the reply. I would think that you are just as frustrated as we are. Is there not some avenue to hold the responsible party to account on this recurring connectivity issue? It is obvious that their direct clients are not subjected to this as we are. Customer loss will be the result for TSI.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc

Premium Member

To boot. It looks like somehow we are the only ATPIA affected by this.

Tremaine
@cna.com

Tremaine

Anon

you may wanna check out the Bloor POI as well because I was having signal issues this morning.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Dissillusion

Premium Member

to Dissillusion
I don't know. Very frustrated right now.
Notagiant
join:2013-07-17
Nepean, ON

Notagiant

We really appreciate the feedback, Marc. Keep up the good work and I'll keep spreading the good word for Teksavvy.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Its almost as if it was "engineered" on purpose to happen like this. Of all the places it had to be York Mills eh? Wow. So the "single point of failure" theory pans out in some respects. Disables and cripples us but doesn't quite take us all out. *WHEW* so far things are working here (Dupont POI) in my area, just some slow loadings for the most part like refreshing DSLr pages and certain other urls - but they do load eventually.

Just glad it didn't nail 151 Front cause that, I'm sure would've been far worse.

We'll survive this one peeps, take heart!
Xuhum
Premium Member
join:2007-10-05
Canada

Xuhum to Tremaine

Premium Member

to Tremaine
said by Tremaine :

you may wanna check out the Bloor POI as well because I was having signal issues this morning.

This outage has nothing to do with signal issues, check your DHCP lease time to see if they're doing maintenance on your neighborhood node.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Notagiant

Premium Member

to Notagiant
Thanks. Sorry for this though.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

We just got a report back that there is a fiber cut between York Mills and Markham and it's causing the backhaul link (aggregated TPIA) + the Richmond POI (disaggregated) to go down.

Be because this one ATPIA backhaul is down. We're trying to understand who is being affected by this. We have removed the static routing pointing to that link however the return path from Rogers is still pointing to the downed link... So routing is broken for all those on Aggregated it seems right now.

ALL your eggs are now in somebody else's ATPIA basket.

Because of this you need to be given MANDATED access to ATPIA provider systems in a way which permits YOU to resolve problems affecting you on a timely basis. CRTC mandated ATPIA - now they should mandate that you have tools to manage/view anything affecting your services.