how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bjc1984

join:2012-12-04
Waterloo, ON

[Cable] Intermittent Internet in Waterloo

My tek savvy cable Internet in Waterloo ON has been in and out for the last 9 hours. And even when it is up it is incredibly slow. What's going on?

keithlittle

join:2011-09-22
Cambridge, ON
I just posted in the Direct support forum; same issue in Cambridge.

Getting wildly different pings based on different sites, most are timing out.

bjc1984

join:2012-12-04
Waterloo, ON
Same here. Most are timing out.

Mendes1166

@teksavvy.com
reply to keithlittle
Assume its anyone on ATPIA.. having the same issue on Scarlett. Likely due to this cut cable thing in the outages thread

Fraoch

join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to bjc1984
Big problems today that may be affecting everyone on ATPIA (and that includes K-W):

»Re: [Cable] [OUTAGES]July 16th 2013

Internet's not completely out for me and speed tests are fine but some sites don't load at first or load slowly.
--
TekSavvy 35/3 cable - Technicolor DCM476 - Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite - Amer Networks SGD8 switch - ASUS RT-N66U (as WAP)

Sploink

@teksavvy.com
reply to bjc1984
I'm seeing the same issues at Ira Needles and University in Kitchener. Internet is not out completely but definitely very intermittent. 1 out of every 30 or so packets get lost when ping google.com

GojuKid

join:2001-01-28
Kitchener, ON
reply to bjc1984
Same problem with cable in Kitchener South East. Very slow and some pages don't load.

thedc

join:2012-01-09
Toronto, ON
I'm in Toronto and I'm getting the same thing. Intermittent outage. Pages sometimes don't load or only partially load.

teapot360

join:2008-06-26
reply to Sploink
Same problem at Keatsway & Erbsville in Waterloo

amjsolstice

join:2011-02-23
Kitchener, ON
reply to GojuKid
Also having trouble in Kitchener near Sunrise Center at Ottawa and Fischer-Hallman. Some websites work, some do not. Netflix won't work at all, and TekTalk phone just gets either an echo-y static with no dialtone, or just dead air with no dialtone. (reposted from other forum for Richmond Hill area)

DSMdude

join:2012-06-30
Kitchener, ON
Hmm - so maybe this does have something to do with my Tektalk being down. Though others are up (perhaps they're not on ATPIA)?

Nic

join:2013-07-06
Waterloo, ON
reply to bjc1984
Same for Kitchener west.

edwpang

join:2009-12-31
Richmond Hill, ON
reply to bjc1984
Same here in Richmond Hill, ON. Sometimes I get about 50mbps with speedtest, then I try again after a couple of minutes, the speedtest won't even go pass "ping" test.

abcjak

join:2012-12-18
reply to bjc1984
definitely. I thought it was just me but decided to check the forums anyways. It's been very very sluggish since i got up which was about 90 minutes ago.

Some pages don't load at all. youtube won't load far enough to play.

kabes

join:2010-05-14
Kitchener, ON
reply to bjc1984
Same problems here. Thought it might be my DNS at first, but I tried 3 different ones all with the same problem.

DSMdude

Kitchener, ON
Anyone here with Tektalk having issues as well? I assume that these cable issues will affect the service but I cant get a straight answer from TSI and want to know before I start troubleshooting on my end

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
DSMdude See Profile do you have rCable internet with us? If so, there is a strong possibility you are affected.

DSMdude

Kitchener, ON
Hey Martin, yes I do. I posted earlier in the Direct Forum but perhaps the scope of the issue wasn't apparent to TSI at the time.

amjsolstice

join:2011-02-23
Kitchener, ON
reply to TSI Martin
I am still having TekTalk issues today. Still dead air. No phone for over a day is not really acceptable, especially when I'm looking for a job.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
If you have having issues, please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Regards,
Martin

potato_IT

join:2013-06-20
Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
reply to amjsolstice
your fault for basing an essential service on something not considered an essential service in Canada yet. Who doesn't have a cell nowadays anyway? One should always be ready in case a "NON-ESSENTIAL" service goes down.

DSMdude

Kitchener, ON
reply to amjsolstice
May have been a coincidence but I was having Tektalk issues as late as 5:30PM on Wednesday. I then unplugged my ATA for the length of the timeout configured in the ATA (a suggestion by Mango) then plugged er back in and its worked great ever since. It was definitely down because of the outage that day and wouldn't kick itself back into gear until I performed this step from the looks of it - again could just be a coincidence.