Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink

[bug] New Bug

This may or many not only apply to Mac/Unix users. Most of the time I don't make long posts. Today I did. There was no 'add space' link. Once I "spell check" I could not return to the bottom of my post to make a correction. I posted it. I could not "Edit" the correction either as I could not view the entire post except on line.

Some tools have never worked for me, but they were of no great importance. The space to reply, and for New Topic have always been generous.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
The text boxes should auto resize as you type, if they don't then javascript must not be working in your browser. They grow downwards. You can scroll them the normal way.

What browser are you using, stock Safari it works fine. As does chrome.

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
reply to linicx
You have to position your cursor in the textarea and move it down before it will expand.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to linicx
That has happened on "occasion" and all I've ever done is just click somewhere in the typed text field and pressed the "Home" key or the "End" key. It quickly propagated the amount of space in the text field box and showed the text I could not see. Just a suggestion if you come across this again in future.
--
"Graffiti Wall" Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to linicx
said by linicx:

This may or many not only apply to Mac/Unix users. Most of the time I don't make long posts. Today I did. There was no 'add space' link. Once I "spell check" I could not return to the bottom of my post to make a correction. I posted it. I could not "Edit" the correction either as I could not view the entire post except on line.

Some tools have never worked for me, but they were of no great importance. The space to reply, and for New Topic have always been generous.

I see that the box adds space automatically.

(previewing now)
adding more text and some CRs for more space.

Now re-preview...

OK, now see the problem and solution. Just click at the end of the text you can see in the edit box, then use the arrow key to move it down. The box will auto-size again, and you'll be able to see the entire post.
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to justin
(Server) Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and Safari 6.0.4

The text box does not auto resize. The text scrolls down. That is all. The test does not move up by using the mouse to scroll, and there is no scroll bar present.

I have not seen any updates for Java or Safari. I assume, although perhaps incorrectly, that all is current and up to date.
--

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
reply to GlennAllen
I did, It didn't.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to tmpchaos
tmpchaos to the rescue! Thanks!

I can place the curser in the white space and use the arrow keys. It's clunky moving as if it has a digital hiccup every four lines before the entire post opens.

Odd, because this box I'm typing in works fine. The one in the Blue Room doesn't. Justin will swat bugs as he finds them.
--

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
Hoboken, NJ
You're welcome.

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
reply to linicx
said by linicx:

I did...

Apparently not. (I said the same thing tmpchaos did.)

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
reply to tmpchaos
I fixed it by
a) re-enabling the resize handle in the bottom right
b) binding the re-sizing to "click", so when you click in a textarea it resizes correctly rather than starting incorrectly if it is populated with a lot of text.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
Hoboken, NJ
Thanks, Justin.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to justin
Thanks Justin, I found another bug to swat.

When I reply to a post there is no Spell check or Post Now. Just a reply button. When I click Reply, the box does not close. I clicked Reply a second time with the same result.

Even though the post reply box is open I did find identical replies at the bottom of the page and removed one. AFAIK that post is still open. I hope it closed when I left the page to reply here. .
--

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
I don't see that one..

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
All this stuff will get worked out in time. If it continues I will let you know.

Thank you for your quick response.
--

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to GlennAllen
I'm sorry for the reply. I was trying to do too much at the same time. At that point in time the curser did nothing. Clicking and moving it around did nothing. But positing it at the bottom of the page and using the arrow keys. It looks like Justin fixed it.

Thank you for your kind reply. My bad.
--

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
Reviews:
·iiNet
said by linicx:

I was trying to do too much at the same time.

Today, that has been my problem as well